Austin
Sponsored by

Oh Austin...

13,889 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by thirty-two
Cowboy Curtis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone going to check out the brand new sobriety center this weekend?
BenFiasco14
AG
Quote:

Maudies

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
thirty-two
AG
I will never understand how the Chili's at 45th and Lamar has stayed in business for all these years.
Charpie
AG
thirty-two said:

I will never understand how the Chili's at 45th and Lamar has stayed in business for all these years.
BenFiasco14
AG
thirty-two said:

It's always packed too
thirty-two
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

thirty-two said:

It's always packed too
Must be the hot dinner spot for the Round Rockers when they make the big trip into the City.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I was in line a Quacks a few months ago and I heard this conversation

Man: this line is really long
Woman: I can't be waitin around for no muffin
Man: you wanna go to chilis on 45th
Woman: Hell yeah
And away they went

I was like how does the craving go from coffee and pastry to Chili's

expresswrittenconsent
thirty-two said:

BenFiasco14 said:

thirty-two said:

It's always packed too
Must be the hot dinner spot for the Round Rockers when they make the big trip into the City.

100,000 college kids live nearby.
And I know you were joking, but it has already been established that when Round Rockstars want to go "downtown" for dinner they head to the domain. Anything south of Koenig is scary.
thirty-two
Charpie
Potcake
AG
thirty-two said:

Guys at the bar said it was a teetery back in the day.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
If you ask for the Southwestern Eggs Rolls with extra ranch they show you to the adult section
rather be fishing
AG
Potcake said:

Well, that HEB is the Gimp HEB on the Judgemental Map of Austin. I'm more of an Arlen's guy and CM/WF on weekends.

As for Maudie's, they are on a par with Chuy's for me, both down list.

The gimp HEB is transitioning to modern ages. They're are expanding into the old Snap Kitchen spot for curbside pickup. They also rearranged the produce section and it's really throwing me off.
thirty-two
AG
I saw my first Central Austin house with a Ted Cruz sign yesterday. I told my wife that someone will probably steal it by morning...
Potcake
AG
BQ78 said:

Not sure what hotel usage has to do with use or non-use of the convention center, which I know is seeing fewer conventions than years past.

You may want to relay this information to the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Austin Chamber of Commerce.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/new-hotel-near-ut-austin-announced-to-add-to-austin-s-booming-industry/1458326031
BQ78
AG
I missed the part about hotel occupancy is up because of increased convention traffic.
Potcake
AG
You would have had to read the link.

Quote:

Drew Scheberle with Austin's Chamber of Commerce said we're seeing a boom in short-term rentals as well because more people are visiting our city.

"We've become a big destination for all sorts of gatherings from political conventions to associations to international conferences," he said.
rather be fishing
AG
thirty-two said:

I saw my first Central Austin house with a Ted Cruz sign yesterday. I told my wife that someone will probably steal it by morning...

I don't know about your neighborhood Nextdoor community, but the stolen Beto sign threads seem to be relentless around here.
MouthBQ98
AG
Stolen to be put in their own yard.
BenFiasco14
AG
Walking down Congress today with a coworker and two clients to get lunch and a homeless man accosted me and I just ignored him.

He proceeded to SCREAM in front of everyone that I should suck his dick and to "treat him like a human being".
thirty-two
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Walking down Congress today with a coworker and two clients to get lunch and a homeless man accosted me and I just ignored him.

He proceeded to SCREAM in front of everyone that I should suck his dick and to "treat him like a human being".

Well... did you?
BenFiasco14
AG
thirty-two said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Well... did you?
Nope, just kept walking. We, as well as the rest of the countless people around us, kept on walking.

Gotta love Austin
BQ78
AG
Even with your highlighted quote I still don't see that conventions are up, I understand Austin is a "destination" but not for new conventions and the old ones are leaving due to the repugnant downtown conditions. Convention numbers are down despite the Chamber of Commerce article.
thirty-two
AG
thirty-two said:

And it happened. Noticed signs were gone earlier this week. Then tonight, the guy put up a HUGE Ted Cruz sign with a smaller sign next to it that said something like "to the jerk who stole my tiny Ted Cruz sign, I replaced it with a HUGE sign." I will try to get a picture and post it later. It's fantastic.
rather be fishing
AG
Some kind-hearted soul in our hood bought like 10-15 Beto signs and put them in their front yard and taped a "free" sign to the first one in the line. Then they posted it on Nextdoor so the rest of the hood would know how true their virtue signaling was.
BiochemAg97
AG
rather be fishing said:

Some kind-hearted soul in our hood bought like 10-15 Beto signs and put them in their front yard and taped a "free" sign to the first one in the line. Then they posted it on Nextdoor so the rest of the hood would know how true their virtue signaling was.
Here in Round Rock, our Nextdoor has been littered with "stole my Beto" "stole my Cruz" sign debate. I am somewhat tempted to spam Nextdoor with posts claiming "my ____ sign was stolen" for every candidate running.
thirty-two
AG
Here is the Ted Cruz sign I mentioned. Gotta love the set of balls on this family to double down on their Ted Cruz sign in the middle of BETO land.

thirty-two
AG
You can't see it in the pic, but at the bottom of the smaller sign, it says "#winning"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.