Austin
Sponsored by

Oh Austin...

13,909 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by thirty-two
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just watched a homeless lady in a wrecked up car next to mine at the convenience store smoke a big drag of meth using a torn open sprite can as a pipe. Heh... that's a new one.
who?mikejones
AG
Saw two people shooting up some heroin a couple days ago under a bridge on the north side. Too hot for that
Martin Cash
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Just watched a homeless lady in a wrecked up car next to mine at the convenience store smoke a big drag of meth using a torn open sprite can as a pipe. Heh... that's a new one.
Probably a city councilwoman.
Ozzy Osbourne
She better recycle that can.
chipotle
MouthBQ98 said:

There will be a $100,000 statue of this in 20 years. "The Sprite Lady".
Born Maroon
AG
Saw a "lady" on Riverside lean up against a taco truck and urinate in broad daylight.
chipotle
My mistake, in 20 years the statue will be called "The Sprite Person".
Matsui
AG
Having a car is her home!
BQ78
AG
Since you were travelling by the riverside, did she squeeze your lemon till the juice ran down your leg?
AgGrad99
AG
I was driving by a self-car wash place. It's right around the corner from a police station.

I pulled up to the stop sign, and looked over...and some dude has his pants pulled down, pooping in one of the trash receptacles next to the vacuum. Broad daylight, right next to a busy road.

AgGrad99
AG
From time to time, my family puts together care packets for the homeless. It has some food/water and toiletries in it.

One homeless guy said 'no thanks, I dont eat processed foods'. No lie.

Another said, 'What am I supposed to do with a toothbrush??' and gave the bag back.

I had one homeless lady turn down loose change. There was probably 5-6 bucks worth of change in there...at least.

But you know what...."Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me" So dont get discouraged.

expresswrittenconsent
we stopped treating mental illness decades ago. the police have to deal with them now as homeless population.
thirty-two
AG
On a blistering hot day last summer, a homeless man was struggling with his broken and beat-up umbrella. I had nice full size umbrella in the back seat, so I gave it to him. He was very appreciative. Instant shade.

Saw the guy again a week later, and he had a different umbrella. WTH?
thirty-two
AG
By the way, this thread has potential...
MouthBQ98
AG
Pawned yours for money to buy a Mickeys.
BenFiasco14
AG
A few weeks ago I saw a homeless dude under i35 near airport (by the rock place) in broad daylight, at around 6 pm, with his pants on the ground, facing traffic, and just straight up jerkin it as the cars kept driving by. It was pretty disturbing.
rather be fishing
AG
I work on the east side and go sit in my truck in one of the parks and eat my lunch on occasion. There's one area where I've watched drug deals or prostitution happening fairly regularly. Beater car will pull up and 1-2 homeless guess will go get in and they drive off then the car drives back a few minutes later and they get back out.
Aust Ag
AG
Just got back from spending a full week in San Diego, in the downtown area. The homeless are all over the place there, I probably saw over 100 in my time visiting . I was struck by how much more aggressive and "upfront" they are in Austin vs there. I didn't have one face to face or incident. I would have at least a couple hanging out a night in downtown Austin.

Maybe its the legal weed , got them all calmed down.
AgGrad99
AG
Aust Ag said:

Just got back from spending a full week in San Diego, in the downtown area. The homeless are all over the place there, I probably saw over 100 in my time visiting . I was struck by how much more aggressive and "upfront" they are in Austin vs there. I didn't have one face to face or incident. I would have at least a couple hanging out a night in downtown Austin.

San Francisco is awful too. Within 5 minutes downtown you'll see nearly 100.
SteveBott
AG
Heck just a couple of weeks ago I saw my first homeless in Round Rock in 23 years. Pushing a cart behind a HEB
expresswrittenconsent
AgGrad99 said:

Aust Ag said:

San Francisco is awful too. Within 5 minutes downtown you'll see nearly 100.

San Fran has the most aggressive homeless population of anywhere I've seen. Their downtown may have fewer homeless than Austin but they are scary aggressive.
Mule_lx
AG
SteveBott said:

Heck just a couple of weeks ago I saw my first homeless in Round Rock in 23 years. Pushing a cart behind a HEB
Which HEB?
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

San Fran has the most aggressive homeless population of anywhere I've seen. Their downtown may have fewer homeless than Austin but they are scary aggressive.
Maybe they used to have less homeless...but not anymore. Cali has a severe homeless problem, and San Fran is ground zero.

My sister used to live there, and we went and visited about 8 months ago, for the first time in a while...it is shocking. They've taken over.

SteveBott
AG
At the 45 toll road and Greenlawn
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
I lived there for 16 years and moved away five years ago. I never saw anything like this. Is it perhaps getting rapidly worse?
BwdAg
AG
I saw a homeless swinging a long knife around like a ninja by the dog park at riverside and 35 a few weeks ago. First time I have called the cops on one
expresswrittenconsent
That guys not homeless, he is just sick and tired of people who don't pick up after their dogs.
BwdAg
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

That guys not homeless, he is just sick and tired of people who don't pick up after their dogs.

True. You don't get that wacky knife show at yardbar.
Potcake
AG
That dude may not be homeless, just a little off. There used to be a dude at Brentwood Park that taught some kind of martial arts. He would have a blanket and all sorts of gadgets. I never really saw anyone taking lessons though.
expresswrittenconsent
BwdAg said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

True. You don't get that wacky knife show at yardbar.

Is yardbar the one around burnet and 2222? I used to live nearby when it opened and it was just an empty field with no shade at all and they were like guys, come on out, it is a dog park and a bar directly on the surface of the sun.
thirty-two
AG
Saw a homeless man flip the double bird at a car at Barker/183 intersection today. It was glorious.
Potcake
AG
It's the old Putt-Putt facility. We haven't been because we were turned off that they used crowdfunding to get started and then sold memberships. Plus, I like walking my dogs along Arroyo Seco with a koozied beer, glass of wine, or mimosa on Sunday after church.
rather be fishing
AG
Yardbar is great once the sun goes down. Food was decent the couple of times we ate there. Our dogs don't get any enjoyment out of it though so we haven't gone in a while. The place gets really crowded too.
expresswrittenconsent
rather be fishing said:

Yardbar is great once the sun goes down. Food was decent the couple of times we ate there. Our dogs don't get any enjoyment out of it though so we haven't gone in a while. The place gets really crowded too.

nobody goes there, it's too crowded
Bob_Ag
AG
The 35 bridge over Grand Avenue is out of hand. It's a freaking homeless party under there. That mattress has got to be radioactive by now.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.