Austin
Sponsored by

Austin Ford Dealerships

2,192 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tamc91
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are yalls favorite dealerships? Buying a new F-150.

Don't care about the dealership being fancy. I want someone who will help me find the exact truck I want and will help me get the best price. I will walk out if I don't trust you are giving me the best deal you can offer. I will also buy at the first stop if I trust you.
Charpie
AG
Leif Johnson Ford.

or, go to Houston and buy from Russell and Smith.
AgBass01
AG
Last Ford we bought was Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown and we were pleased with the experience as well as all service since then. First Ford I bought was from Covert in Hutto and I will not go back there. If you're looking for the best deal reach out to 1agswitchin4lanes on the automotive forum.
Bob_Ag
AG
Agree with steering clear of Covert in Hutto.

Didn't purchase my truck at Mac Haik, but take it there for service. They are great, saved me a lot of money at one point. Ask for Kelly Cameron.
rather be fishing
AG
AutoNation will typically have the best prices but their service departments are severally congested and and huge PITA.
SteveBott
AG
Another strategy is call the sales manager and ask who is the top sales person in what market you are buying, new or used. Contact a couple of those guys and work up a quote. They should be smooth but get a first take on them.

Then if they offer what you want go visit to confirm the deal you know you have before getting on the lot. Confirm your trust eye to eye. If not keep looking.

The theory is this is the number one guy and he gets more from management then any other sales person because he generates the most volume.
rather be fishing
AG
Buy used is the real advice.
SteveBott
AG
Will not argue that statement. 2-3 years old with decent miles is my price point. New is for suckers.
AggieOO
family member is the new car sales manager mac haik in georgetown. i'm biased, so who knows...but i can put you in touch with him.

that said, we've bought multiple vehicles there and always bought from the used lot...typically the previous year with low mileage. I have no desire to buy a new car, probably won't ever. i'm a cheap *******, so that's probably part of it.
KT 90
AG
If you are looking for a used F150, the Covert location on 183 in NW Austin had the biggest selection of any of the Austin area dealers when we for looking for one for my kid 1.5 years ago.

Martin Q. Blank
hertzcarsales.com
tamc93
AG
Mak Haik for me. Bought my truck there and another car for my son. Sales guy I used retired, but we were done in under 30 minutes each time - still a few games.

Jason in service is the reason I went back for the car. Enjoy their service department and they tend to shoot straight with me (or least I think).
AggieStout
AG
I take mine for service to Mac haik in Georgetown. I feel like if I didn't buy my truck from 1ags in Houston I would of bought there. Had very poor experiences with Covert
jt2hunt
AG
Stay away from covert
Howdy Dammit
AG
BwdAg
AG
I have purchased 3 trucks from lief Johnson and will never do business with them again based on their service department. Something has changed at the koening location.
stardustag
AG
In general, doesn't matter what brand... I refuse to buy cars from dealerships inside of city of Austin... they all seem to be snobs.

my strategy is always to pit one dealership against another... because let's face it... they all do the same thing... and all can get to the same car you want (if you know what you want)... so it all comes down to pricing. Whoever sells me the cheapest one, wins.
tamc91
AG
If you go with Lief Johnson, I'd recommend their Buda Truck City location, especially for service. The Koenig location is a beat down to get to during the week and service dept is not great. Truck City has been great for service.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.