Austin
Sponsored by

Balcones Country Club

1,918 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by southtexasag
Billy Foster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wanted to see if there were any Ags that were members here. Live in the area and wanted to get a member perspective on the club, social environment, summer time pool, etc (I understand that the course is what it is). Also wanted to see get an idea of pricing and membership levels prior to making the call and getting the sales pitch.
MPython43
Have been a member going on 4 years and live in the hood. It's a ton of fun. Total bill typically runs us $600 - 1500 as a full golf member depending on how much we play/eat/drink, so it's seasonal for us.

Great way to get to know others in the neighborhood, especially during swim season if you are a young family that is new to the area.

I've thoroughly enjoyed membership.

There is a crawfish boil on Saturday you should look to check out. Ask if you can visit then when you talk to Lisa.
Mookie
AG
I have spoken to a few parents from BCC at swim meets (their youth swim team competes in the same division as my kids') and they seem like they like it.

Pool is small but they make damn good bloody Mary's.
Billy Foster
AG
Thanks for the info folks. Wish we could have made it to the boil, but will talk to Lisa soon. Do they have a referral program where you receive any benefits/incentives for bringing new members? Happy to put your name down Python. Thanks again.
MPython43
I'm not sure since my wife is way more involved up there than I am, but you can let them know the Denbars sent you their way! Look for us if you make a social event at the club because we'll almost certainly be there.

We're in the process of putting together a cornhole tournament for June on top of the normal social stuff they have going on. It will be our summertime compliment to the beer pong tournament we started 3 years ago. We have a Gen X committee that is trying to find more fun ways to get the younger crowd involved outside of traditional country club-ish events.
Agof88
AG
Been a member for about 5 years. Such a fun place. My kids are just out of A&M so don't have young kids but they have a ton of events for families. I consider the place a great bar with a golf course. Full membership runs about $350 a month and they always have a good promo offer running. Let me know if you want to try out the course and I can get you the details on the groups I play with.
Charpie
AG
I didn't realize so many of y'all were in my hood
MPython43
I'm the dude in the Aggie golf cart. Surprise, surprise.
Agof88
AG
We are greatly outnumbered out there. I catch all kinds of grief but doesn't stop me from wearing an Aggie hat every time. It's been a fun ride the last 5 years through tu's extended downturn. Not looking forward to when they turn it around.
Billy Foster
AG
Thanks folks. Gotta be honest, this would really be a great excuse to buy a golf cart and drive it down Spicewood Springs like some of my neighbors.
Billy Foster
AG
All signed up. Thanks MP43, hopefully you guys get some sort of benefit for the sponsorship.

Ag88, were you in the bar eating lunch today?
Agof88
AG
Unfortunately not as I am in Bangalore this week. Missed the Cinco scramble and will miss the MGA tournament next Saturday. Will be playing Sunday afternoon. Hope you enjoy the club.
MPython43
Awesome and welcome to the club!
southtexasag
AG
We have been members for the last 3 years, but are finally starting to take advantage of all the club has to offer. We joined initially because our house backs up to the front 9 and its in our best interest for the club to do well, but now that we have kids (14 mo. old son), we are trying to get more involved. We recently did the beer pong tournament, the pub crawl, and Easter petting zoo/brunch. We are looking forward to the pool this summer.
Billy Foster
AG
Have any of you folks utilized/participated in the B2B Networking group? Interested in checking it out but wanted to see if there was any first hand experience on this board.
MPython43
I know you southtexas? I'm the dude that runs and MCs beer pong.

I think last month was the first B2B group. I couldn't make it last month, but one of the organizers asked me to come so I will check it out next month.
southtexasag
AG
I dont think so. If I remember from the beer pong (its a little fuzzy), we know some of the same people and may have met, but beyond that no. We have just started to become more active, so I'm sure we'll run in to each other at some point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.