Austin
Sponsored by

Tire shop

1,214 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by thirty-two
StaffingMgr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any good recs for tires? I live north central but work near the Arboretum. Thanks in advance!
who?mikejones
AG
N lamar has a wide selection of hot items
Caesar4
AG
I always go to Discount Tire, just because several times over the last 10 years or so, they have fixed a flat for free.
KT 90
AG
If you are just looking for normal tires and know that you need them, call ahead and get an "installed" price from Firestone, Discount Tire, NTB, etc. If you are looking for specialty tires that are harder to find, then your options are more limited.

FWIW, I get tires from Firestone. Then get the lifetime road hazard/rotate/balance for $10 or $15 per tire. Then you can make an appointment for when you need an oil change and get the oil changed and then tires rotated and balanced for free. Makes it convenient to rotate on a regular basis and extend the life of the tires.

Been doing that with our three cars for a while now. Works pretty well, as I like that they do appt's for oil changes. If you need other work done, you can decide to do it at Firestone or take it elsewhere.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Discount Tire and Michelins for life.
No I'm not shopping around and don't care if I pay a few bucks more. Discount is everywhere and has been great with their service. I'll go yell at a cloud now.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
StaffingMgr said:

Any good recs for tires? I live north central but work near the Arboretum. Thanks in advance!

Discount Tire on Burnet and Braker or Anderson Mill. Used both many times.
Mookie
AG
What they all said about discount and firestone.

If you want the real used tire experience, I know big twin and lil twin at T&G tire on MLK in east Austin. Their shop is like an out of body experience.
tamc93
AG
Discount and Michelins for me as well...there is usually always one available.

Thought about Costco as well since I heard things on their pricing, but not worth the time//hassle and it would probably cost me more as I wondered the store.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I use Tire Man on Machaca by Radio. Locally owned and reasonably priced
thirty-two
AG
Discount Tire. Make an appointment online. In and out in under and hour.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.