Charpie said:

While I agree with the premise, if people in the more conservative parts of town got out and voted, this wouldn't be an issue. 78704 always has the highest turn out, and thus, causes this kind of crap to happen. If West and Northwest Austin got off their butts and actually voted, things wouldn't be so wonky with the city of Austin.

And trust me, those of us who live in Austin and have kids who go to RRISD schools voted down their bond election. Yes, the Austin voters killed the bond.

And it isn't as easy as moving to a burb. I can't imagine traveling from Leander or Georgetown to Austin for work. Heck I live 15 minutes from my office and some days my commute is 45 minutes.
That's because (I assume) you live nearby the main chokepoint. I can't speak for traveling from Georgetown every day, but if you're commuting home somewhere up 183 during rush hour, it's pure hell until you basically get to the toll road, then it all opens up. So really, the difference between cedar park, Leander, and even liberty hill is pretty negligible because everyone's going to get choked from where 183 and mopac converge until the toll road begins. That's 45 minutes, easy, no matter what.

Just saying it's really not that bad (depending on what you think bad is).