Austin
Sponsored by

Plumbing fiasco - Need a lawyer

1,415 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ATXAdvisor
Reed McDonald 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, long story short-
We found water leaking through the drywall from the master bathroom into the garage. We called a plumber to come out and fix the issue. Instead of using leak detection equipment to find the source of the leak, he simply began jackhammering into our slab. He struck the main water pipe, couldn't fix it, then abandoned the project.

I've had 4 plumbers come out since then. They all are shocked that the first guy jackhammered the floor in the first place. And they all said I need to go after the first guy.

Now my family is on day 3 without water. And 3 of the 4 plumbers say I need a complete plumbing re-route.
A $1500 repair is looking like it will be +10k now.

I need to consult with a lawyer who thinks he might be able to assist. Please PM me if you are interested in discussing the details. Thank you.

Reed McDonald 92
AG
Update my sub so I can actually get PMs.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
I just got done with a plumbing reroute from a leak in my slab - all in it was about 11k.

Homeowners insurance kicked in on mine

BQ78
AG
Good luck with that, sounds terrible
jt2hunt
AG
Why not just jackhammer the slab out enough to expose the pipe so you can repair the pipe?
who?mikejones
AG
Reed McDonald 92 said:

Howdy, long story short-
We found water leaking through the drywall from the master bathroom into the garage. We called a plumber to come out and fix the issue. Instead of using leak detection equipment to find the source of the leak, he simply began jackhammering into our slab. He struck the main water pipe, couldn't fix it, then abandoned the project.

I've had 4 plumbers come out since then. They all are shocked that the first guy jackhammered the floor in the first place. And they all said I need to go after the first guy.

Now my family is on day 3 without water. And 3 of the 4 plumbers say I need a complete plumbing re-route.
A $1500 repair is looking like it will be +10k now.

I need to consult with a lawyer who thinks he might be able to assist. Please PM me if you are interested in discussing the details. Thank you.

Did you find someone to fix it?

If not, i can try to my plumber to take a look.
Reed McDonald 92
AG
Plumber #5 came out yesterday afternoon. He had the correct parts to cap the leaks that plumber #1 caused with his jackhammer. So, we have running water in the entire house except the master bathroom. He will be coming back out next week to locate the original leak. I won't know the extent of the damage or how they propose to fix it until then.
Reed McDonald 92
AG
And thank you for the offer!
ATXAdvisor
AG
Please post the original plumber's info so we know who NOT to call, please.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.