Austin
Sponsored by

Primary Care Physician

3,466 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tex82
wadd96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My doctor, who I really like as he is in solo practice and actually spent time in the exam room with me, is moving to a concierge practice. While I like him, I don't see the value in a $1650 membership to see my doctor on top of normal co-pays and co-insurance.

Recommendations would be appreciated. I'm thinking of seeing my wife's PCP at Brushy Creek Family Practice (Dr. Neitsch '94) but open to other suggestions.

Located in Pflugerville so looking for someone in the RR/P'ville/Georgetown area. Definitely don't want to go downtown or out to CP or Leander.

Aggie doctor is not a necessity.

I know there have been a couple of threads on here but didn't see anything in the last 6 months.

TIA.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Furlock Bones
AG
to piggyback off this thread, i need one in the downtown or South area near Mopac/Circle C if anyone has a recommendation.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Would you recommend the guy who went concierge? I am interested in that.
MBUSA
St. David's North internist group. Not too far from you. It is the perfect one stop shop.
wadd96
AG
Yes, I would recommend him. Dr. Leo Toupin, MD. 512-977-8300.
discobrob
AG
Round Rock Family Medicine. Those guys are great. One of the docs is a friend of mine.
wadd96
AG
Which one specifically?
aggiederelict
Concierge medicine is great as well as direct primary care options. I work closely with some really great docs in those areas.
wadd96
AG
i'm sure it is great, but it's not for me.
aggiederelict
And there is different pricing models based on what you need. I have seen as low as $50/month up to over $300/month depending on the doctor.

It really depends on your needs and what kind of access you want for your medical care. This model will continue to grow as our healthcare system continues to be ridiculous
BadMoonRisin
AG
I like Dr. Diaz at Great Oaks Family Practice. Might have to schedule in advance though as he is pretty busy.
CapCity12thMan
AG
sorry but what is concierge in the context of a doctor? Note - I haven't been to a PCP in over 5 years so I am sure a lot has changed.
wadd96
AG
A concierge practice is almost like a membership practice. The doctor usually reduces his/her patient list and provides extra services for the cost of the membership.
AggieStout
AG
discobrob said:

Round Rock Family Medicine. Those guys are great. One of the docs is a friend of mine.

This is who I use, I believe. Dr. Putney
dsvogel05
AG
I recommend Dr. Keller in RR, and he's an Aggie. His practice built a new office next to FedEx off the toll road and IH35.

https://parkwayprimarycare.com/meet-our-doctors
Furlock Bones
AG
i take it that not many people live South on here.
wadd96
AG
Probably not a lot going to answer since my OP was asking about doctors up north and secondary requests can sometimes get lost in the thread. You might get more traction with your own thready.
Potcake
AG
wadd96 said:

Probably not a lot going to answer since my OP was asking about doctors up north and secondary requests can sometimes get lost in the thread. You might get more traction with your own thready.

That won't stop him from using this as reason #453,378 that Austin sucks compared to Houston.
Furlock Bones
AG
good lord you boys are thin skinned.
txjortsagent
AG
Furlock Bones said:

I do, sugar
discobrob
AG
Flint DeShazo. Great man.
Furlock Bones
AG
txjortsagent said:

Furlock Bones said:

I do, sugar

wadd96
AG
Jorts would like to sell you a toolbox for your vehicle...
87IE
AG
http://marchandmedicine.com/
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
Mexirab 00
AG
Dr. Carson Higgs, who has an office at ARC Quarry Lake is a Ag somewhere around my age (I'm class of 2000), but don't remember what class exactly.
WILDMAN95
AG
Premier Family Physicians
fig96
AG
wadd96 said:

Yes, I would recommend him. Dr. Leo Toupin, MD. 512-977-8300.
I just went to him for the first time a few months back and really liked him, kind of annoying if his practice is changing. Ah well.
wadd96
AG
Very annoying to me...
KT 90
AG
WILDMAN95 said:

Premier Family Physicians

I was there today. Saw Dr. Kevin Spencer for the first time. Seemed pretty personable and willing to spend time and answer questions.

Had to switch to a new Dr. since previous one passed away.

AJ02
AG
Dr. Manuel Martin in south Austin. Loved him so much that when I first went to Houston I hated the doctors I'd seen here, so I actually used vacation time to go back and see Dr. Martin. I've been in Houston 6 years now and still haven't found a doctor near as good as him.
Tex82
Dr. Shane Keller at Parkway Primary Care. Great guy. Located off Louis Henna next to Chuck e Cheese.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.