Austin
Sponsored by

Blanton's

2,263 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wadd96
Propane & Accessories
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know total wine and more occasionally gets Blanton's for 50 bucks or so but, does anyone know where to get Blantons bourbon in the Round Rock/ Austin area?
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
Habanero Guero
AG
I've seen it on menus or shelves around bars in Austin, but as for getting a bottle I have never seen any at a liquor store around here
wadd96
AG
I've occasionally found it at the Twin's on Greenlawn... but not consistently.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Propane & Accessories
AG
I'll give them a call maybe they have it now thank you guys
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
Habanero Guero
AG
OP please post if you find any, i could use a bottle myself
Ashley96
AG
The last time we got Blanton's was at Twin Liquors next to the HEB Plus in Hutto.
SteveBott
AG
Dang you must live close to me. That's my local store.
wadd96
AG
I live at the corner of the toll roads.. work at that big technology company across the street from the Twins... Pat takes care of me there...
SteveBott
AG
Did that tech company completely shut down one building? Sure looks like it. I'm a half a mile north of your company
wadd96
AG
Yes. We have actually sold buildings 7 and 8...

Only a half mile north? I'd have thought as a successful mortgage broker you would not live in the Green lawn Ghetto...
SteveBott
AG
Sold them? That's news. There is ghetto around me but my little island is fine. Go north to the next stop sign and check out the back 2-3 streets. Totally different then the front row. .

Never expected to live here 25 years though. Three kids 9 years spread out dig deep roots so I found out.

Youngest left the house 2 years ago to A&M but just not motivated to move right now. Too much work.

Edit: not sure where that emoticon came from. Definitely not yelling
Jackie Daytona
AG
wadd96
AG
Some hospital service company...
Jackie Daytona
AG
Blahhead
Three years ago, I could pickup Blanton's, Black Maple Hill, etc. at Twin's, Specs and just about every liquor store. At least Knob Creek and Woodford can still be easily had.
Blahhead
wadd96 said:

I live at the corner of the toll roads.. work at that big technology company across the street from the Twins... Pat takes care of me there...

How long have you been there? I started out (2005) in Ebiz and then went to a jaquar team with company 4. There was an Aggie who was the VP of SMB sales and I can't remember his name. He was probably in his mid 50's then, slicked back hair and drove a Benz. I wish I could think of the guys name.
Blahhead
I finally thought of his name.. David Lockett. I pulled him up on Linkedin and he's now the owner of Austex Fence & Deck.
wadd96
AG
I started in 2006 on the SMB queue. Lockett was running the business then. (He actually went to Baylor but his daughter is an Aggie.)

I'm still here almost 12 years later...
Blahhead
wadd96 said:

I started in 2006 on the SMB queue. Lockett was running the business then. (He actually went to Baylor but his daughter is an Aggie.)

I'm still here almost 12 years later...

That's awesome!

Are there still a lot of vendor fairs? Is IDD and DOMs still around? How is the current work environment? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was your progression? Did you go to LOR, out in the field, etc.?
Swope McGee
AG
I feel like we need to start a Texags group in RR2W! I started in the queue (co 04) back in 2003, moved to EBD (05) and then back down into 04 as a manager. Ended up in PAD (original PAD, co 15,18) managing a region before going out into the field. I'm now an ORSD so I stay out of RR as much as I can!
I know Lockett pretty well and will never forget when he got mad at people for parking on his grass in RR2W and would come down to ask people to move their cars.
Good times. I miss the free chic fil a amd working bell to bell during code reds.
And despite their best efforts, DOMS is still alive and kicking in a few parts of the company.

Edit to add, Lockett went to A&M in the 70's and played baseball for us. I think he even played pro ball, but I could be mistaken on that.
wadd96
AG
I'm in RR3...feel free.to look me up next time you come to the office (I am responsible for training all of the new Field Sellers in the Commercial space.)

And the official line on DOMS is we don't train it any longer nor do we support it as an Enablement organization.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.