Austin
Sponsored by

Dripping Springs info

6,980 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OregonAggie
Drip99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
el_scorcho said:

No offense but Belterra is the worst. Move out to the "country" only to be stacked a few feet away from your neighbor in a master planned community that is going to end up surrounded by others. Buy you an acre with a house 5 min away while you can.
Can you point me to a 3200 sq foot house built in the last 5 years with a pool on an acre of land for under 400k in "country" of dripping springs? I will gladly get out of belterra and dive into some of that clean country livin you speak of.
el_scorcho
AG
No, you're right. I just went out there house hunting and hoping I would like it. But it just wasn't for me.
HECUBUS
AG
When I moved to Austin, my brother got many of my friends and coworkers houses on five acres in the $80k range. One friend still has a small house on 15 acres where he averages ten deer a season. He had to build a wooden fence on one side that boarders $$$$$ Homes. Like everywhere else, it's gone crazy. I knew one guy that had 70 acres and another over 100.

It was too long a commute for me.
AFarmer95
AG
I just got this new domain name with some links on it. It might have some stuff you are looking for? www.DrippingSprings.net
12thMan86
AG
OregonAggie said:

Looks like my family and I will be moving to Dripping Springs from Dallas in a couple months. I'm just looking for general info on the area and pros/cons of the area.

I appreciate y'all!
Have you moved yet? I'm a realtor living in Lakeway. 20yr. resident of Austin. Westaustinrealestate@austin.rr.com if you need anything.
OregonAggie
AG
Thanks for reaching out but yes we have a realtor and have found a place already.

Thank you!
wimberley_ag
Don't do it!
I grew up between Dripping and Wimberley. I'd like to eventually retire there but won't be able to afford it if all you newbies keep moving out there and pushing property values up
OregonAggie
AG
I'm sorry...I already bought a place!

I'll be sure to tell everyone I know how much this place sucks so that they don't think about moving here!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.