Austin
Sponsored by

Ridgetop and Blanton Elementary Schools

1,255 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Berlyman
Berlyman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We aren't zoned for either, but does anybody out there have any input on them? We've been in Spanish immersion since 12 weeks for the kids, and we are considering pre-k 4 for our oldest.

rugger74
AG
My grandchildren both attended Ridgetop(1 already left after 6th grade and 2nd in 3rd grade) , They both love the school and parents are pleased with the education.
Archie86
Do they offer dual language programs? If so, highly recommend. Pre-k enrollment is limited to low income families, foster children, and military children.
rugger74
AG
Dual language and I do not believe income determines admittance. You can call the school for info.
Archie86
For pre-k it does
512Ag
AG
I know of a few parents of Brentwood dual language kids who are moving to Ridgetop next year when the Brentwood DL program is shut down. These parents have loved the program at Brentwood, so I assume if they're willing to move their kids to Ridgetop it must be worth the trouble.

Contact the school asap for info, though, because the program likely fills fast.
Berlyman
AG
We would have to pay for the pre-K. Our current childcare (escuelita del alma) buses kids from school to their after school program. Ridgetop is wall to wall Spanish immersion and Blanton has both English only classes and Spanish immersion. It seemed like they were playing catch-up to the level ridgetop was at. I'm sure they will get there.

Leaning towards ridgetop pre-k and getting locked into that school for the foreseeable future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.