Austin
Sponsored by

Who are the folks buying the $650K+ homes?

26,011 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by thirty-two
2012Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely not ruling it out. I work downtown so central to north is our ideal spot, but everything is on the table that is under an hour commute to to work.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Whats interesting is that our subject to bank appraisal (basically what they thought it would be worth after renovations) only came in at 600k. Which was fine for the purposes of our loan but still crazy low, we could have sold it as is for 500k and we almost doubled the square footage.
fig96
AG
Not familiar with that area but I'll check it out, we bought in Cedar Park about 3 years ago and we're up close to 30k in value in that time so I'd bet we're in the 400k range after not too long. We're also in the immediate development area for the Bell Boulevard project so that should affect values in a few years.

And as far as downtown commute, I work just outside downtown and usually have a 30-40 minute commute in around 9am. The trek home is a bit longer most days.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I think the Covid situation it going to help the commute for a lot of the suburbanites. I know a lot of companies (including ours) aren't going back into the office for several more months and will probably not force anyone to go in for quite a while. Even after all the restrictions have been lifted I think traffic will be noticeably better.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Here is a link to our project

https://texags.com/forums/61/topics/3091809
Fightin2010
AG
Bought 6 months ago in Garrison Park neighborhood near Manchaca and Stassney. We bought a dump for $300k and put about $125k in to it. I am pretty sure it's worth north of $450k now. Small house but it's one I can see us paying off in 5 years or so, and we have been able to make it our own.

Side note: I still mourn the houses I didn't buy when I was looking in 2015
2012Ag
AG
aggielax11 said:

Have you looked out towards Dripping Springs? Definitely some prices that get up there but still some lower.
As of a couple days ago my wife got a job up in round rock not too far from the outlets. So this shifts our location search up north quite a bit lol
thirty-two
AG
2012Ag said:

aggielax11 said:

Have you looked out towards Dripping Springs? Definitely some prices that get up there but still some lower.
As of a couple days ago my wife got a job up in round rock not too far from the outlets. So this shifts our location search up north quite a bit lol
Good call... Dripping Springs to Round Rock Outlets... that's a big no.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.