Austin
Sponsored by

Tamales?

2,837 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sdc177
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would like to get several dozen tamales any recommendations? Thanks.
BurnetAggie99
Tamale House East in Austin is pretty good
512Ag
AG
I usually get mine through Manos de Cristo. They're $15/dozen, but some of that goes back to Manos to provide low-cost dental care and adult education classes for low income people. They taste pretty dang good, too.

http://www.manosdecristo.org/tamales
JohnnyShotgun
Hey AgOA, my sister in law makes incredible tamales and sells them all thru the Month of December. She is in Pflugerville, but they will deliver for a small fee to most of the Austin area. I work at Apple and every year my coworkers buy 20-30 dozen for the holidays.

The tamales are $15 a dozen, and she offers chicken, pork, bean & cheese, and jalapeo and cheese. The tamales are large, flavorful, and everyone I know loves them. Delivery dates this month are:

Dec1
Dec 15
Dec 22
Dec 23
Dec 24

You can order be emailing gogloriago.tamales@gmail.com. Gloria or Robert will respond and help you with your order. I wouldn't bother posting if they weren't the real deal!

Thanks,
John
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Emailed her two days ago John.
No reply yet.
johnson2012
AG
Not traditional, but stiles switch does tamales. Brisket or pulled pork. Both are tasty
JohnnyShotgun
I talked to him today about it. Let me know if you still don't see anything. Thank you!
expresswrittenconsent
Highly recommend bean and cheese tamales. We always had pork ones growing up and they are good but discovered bean and cheese 5 or 10 yrs ago and they are delicious.
PabloSerna
AG
Marcelino's on Tillery St., and Govalle... yes, East Austin.
expresswrittenconsent
It's actually at tillery and lyons. A couple of blocks over from tillery and govalle.
SteveBott
AG
John sent email today for 2 dozen. I am in Round Rock so can pick up. Lets see how it goes.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
SteveBott said:

John sent email today for 2 dozen. I am in Round Rock so can pick up. Lets see how it goes.

Hopefully you get tamales,
I never heard back from them.
JohnnyShotgun
Hmmm, I specifically talked to him about this on Friday and he said he had caught up and responded to all the emails he had received. I was adamant that he not make me look bad by not responding. What is your first name so I can ask him again? Sorry for the bad start to this, I swear the tamales are the real deal. I had two for breakfast this morning!

SteveBott
AG
My tamales are being delivered Friday. My review will be posted same day of course!
JohnnyShotgun
Glad to hear it, what did you get?
SteveBott
AG
Went untraditional. I can get pork and chicken every day of the week and twice in Sunday.

One bean and cheese per poster above and one jalapeo and cheese because that sounds good.

Drop off fee of 4 bucks but I'm south Round Rock so others cost may vary.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Heard back, three dozen being delivered Friday. Thanks.
JohnnyShotgun
Glad to hear it guys! The jalapeo and cheese are my favorite, but they are all very good. Looking forward to reviews.
JohnnyShotgun
You fellas get your deliveries today? He came by my office for a decent size delivery and was headed out to RR and Cedar Park after that.
SteveBott
AG
Yessir!

Got mine. I will give a better report later but very satisfied and taking a dozen to the Christmas party tomorrow
ratfacemcdougal
Ok I am sold (maybe)....can I get some in BCS?
Greatness
AG
SteveBott said:

Yessir!

Got mine. I will give a better report later but very satisfied and taking a dozen to the Christmas party tomorrow
2 days later and no report, hope you didn't die of tamale food coma
JohnnyShotgun
Greatness said:

SteveBott said:

Yessir!

2 days later and no report, hope you didn't die of tamale food coma
I'm going with christmas party hangover. Two tamales and some eggs will cure that.
jkm1982
AG
sent email 2 days ago to place order. Still awaiting confirmation. Can you check, JohnnyShotgun? Email came from privatemullins at gmail
JohnnyShotgun
On it. I'll text him now to make sure he has it and responds.
JohnnyShotgun
Ok guys, what did you think of the tamales? I've had about 8 so far and they are as good as ever.
sdc177
AG
so is it over? too late to get some?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.