Austin
Sponsored by

Web Marketing Manager (Austin, TX)

1,058 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fig96
PolSource
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My company is in search of a content manager for the website and social media for PolSource.com

In an ideal world the candidate will be a aspiring web designer who wants to be in Marketing, and is capable of helping create content, then owning the management of the website and social media accounts.

Exposure/experience can be anything from web development to masterfully using tools like WordPress, Squarespace or Wix. The flexibility in the position allows us to consider someone who has the skills and not yet the experience.

Likely this would be a candidate who is performing in the same function for another firm. They could likely be in a small to midsize firm today (Austin preferably) with the title of marketing, community, social or web manager.

We would like someone who is proactive, great communication skills (both written and verbal) and able to help shape a brand and message.

Contractor is fine to start - perhaps contract to hire. Or a straight hire.

If interested or know someone - please reply with your/their contact information or send me a direct email at d.howard@polsource.com.

Thanks,
fig96
AG
Not meaning to nitpick, but you know this is like 3 jobs, right?

You're not going to find someone who can do design work, development work, community and social management, and brand development/messaging at any reasonable quality level.
PolSource
fig96 said:

You're not going to find someone who can do design work, development work, community and social management, and brand development/messaging at any reasonable quality level.

I agree it may feel a little 'all-encompassing" but this is not anything you wouldn't expect out of a good Marketing Content Manger with the *Preferred Experience* section reading: "Basic HTML understanding and a dash of graphic design". Any decent digital marketing grad worth their salt should have command enough to do this job as it is written today.
fig96
AG
PolSource said:

fig96 said:

I agree it may feel a little 'all-encompassing" but this is not anything you wouldn't expect out of a good Marketing Content Manger with the *Preferred Experience* section reading: "Basic HTML understanding and a dash of graphic design". Any decent digital marketing grad worth their salt should have command enough to do this job as it is written today.
I'd rewrite your post then. It sounds like you're looking for a designer/developer who wants to do social media and community/brand management.

And I say that a senior designer on a marketing team in a midsize tech company.
PolSource
fig96 said:

PolSource said:

fig96 said:

I'd rewrite your post then. It sounds like you're looking for a designer/developer who wants to do social media and community/brand management.

And I say that a senior designer on a marketing team in a midsize tech company.

I agree and I have already tweaked it to hopefully be more inline with what we are really looking for. I definitely appreciate the feedback. As a Talent Manager, I always ask for exactly what the hiring manger is looking for in hopes of landing that person(if they exist). But if time goes on and we don't find exactly what we are looking for - we adjust! Thanks,
fig96
AG
You bet, glad to help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.