Austin
Sponsored by

GO VOTE - $2.3 billion in bonds

1,003 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bitter Old Man
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's roughly $2.3billion in tax payer money at stake in this election. Please go vote if you haven't.
chipotle
Voted

No on most things.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thanks for reminding me.
rather be fishing
AG
I'm not opposed to the parkland/conservation bond, but the other stuff absolutley no.
chipotle
Unbelievable how few are voting. In my county it's only a few thousand deciding on half a billion in bonds.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
And they all passed.
Charlie Delta
Just great. How much will taxes go up?
tamc91
AG
$24 more a year on the average home for the 2 Travis Co props which included ability to levy new taxes. Surprised it passed, but I think the most people voting for the AISD bond probably voted straight "for" and carried it. I was hoping more would differentiate between new taxes and giving the ability to borrow, but that is asking a lit of the average voter. Death by 1000 paper cuts from Travis Co and Central Health for t.u.'s "med school / hospital for the poor".

The AISD won't add to the school tax rate. Amount you pay to AISD may increase with property value since it is percentage based, but that would happen with or w/o the bond package.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Champ Bailey said:

And they all passed.

You will always be able to count on the people of Travis County to levy a new tax on themselves.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.