Austin
Sponsored by

Need help: my son totaled his car in Round Rock, need rental recommendations

1,171 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UmustBKidding
LeftyAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Son just called and said he may have totaled his car in RR... he needs to drive to Houston tomorrow (to work the Texans game) so I am helping him do some quick research to find a cheap rental for 8-10 days.

Doing my own research but thought I would reach out here to see if anyone can recommend a good CHEAP place or best website. Hotwire.com sux
LeftyAg89
AG
and do any of the rental places not charge "young driver" fees? He is 23. Ugh!
KT 90
AG
Enterprise usually has better rates for weekly rentals. But you should be able to go online and get prices from all the major players if you want to compare. Just make sure to get a local non-airport location to avoid extra fees.
LostInLA07
AG
His car insurance company should help arrange a rental car.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

He is 23.

Sounds like he can handle his own problems.
UmustBKidding
Don't know if they still do it but if you rented enterprise through usaa you did not have to pay the young driver fee. You can sign up online no military legacy required. Saved my son's company thousands when he used it for 6 years.
UmustBKidding
The non airport is not always a good deal on enterprise. Typically if you rent from an airport and drop at a different airport you don't pay a drop off fee. If you pickup or return to a non airport location you almost always do.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.