Austin
Sponsored by

Anniversary Dinner Recs

1,114 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by evan_aggie
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at Olamaie and Eden East right now but not really sure either of them are what I'm looking. Wife doesn't easy seafood.

Suggestions?
Potcake
AG
We have been to Eden East twice and really liked it. BYOB but it isn't that bad. Depends on what their menu is that night and also the weather can influence.
We've also been to SWOOP House a couple of times.
Have you done Barley Swine, it's close?
rather be fishing
AG
We did Barley Swine last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'll do some looking at SWOOP. Wasn't even on my radar.
rather be fishing
AG
Potcake said:

We have been to Eden East twice and really liked it. BYOB but it isn't that bad. Depends on what their menu is that night and also the weather can influence.
We've also been to SWOOP House a couple of times.
Have you done Barley Swine, it's close?
Swoop has nothing on their calendar, but appears intriguing. I wonder if they've made changes since you last went?
Potcake
AG
Well that sucks. They may have changed their model. It was visiting chefs from around town doing a themed dinner. Eden East is still a good bet. I think the last time they had a giant tent over tables so rain shouldn't be an issue. It's also kind of cool to walk around the farm with a beer or drink prior to dinner. I'm pretty sure the Springdale Farm owners are Ags.
rather be fishing
AG
Wife was more in favor of a brunch date at Eden East so I booked Lenoir.

I'll keep an eye on Swoop.
rather be fishing
AG
FYI - Lenoir was good.

I don't think it's as good as Barley Swine (if price tag was equal, pick Barley Swine), but we enjoyed an anniversary dinner.

I don't think it'll be the best meal you've ever had but it's very solid for pre fixe. Wine prices seems to be a little high.
evan_aggie
AG
rather be fishing said:

Wife was more in favor of a brunch date at Eden East so I booked Lenoir.

I'll keep an eye on Swoop.

I hope you enjoy Lenoir!

I really like Lenoir, Fixe, Kome, Juniper.

Soto just opened up a location down south on Lamar near the drafthouse. I'm excited to try that soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.