Austin
Sponsored by

Hotel Near tu?

1,108 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HouTXAg
HouTXAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need help from Austin Ags....

I'm coming to Austin for a three-day training course and need a hotel near the tu campus Nov. 9-12. Apparently it's a home football game weekend which is limiting my hotel choices.

Any advice on the best place to stay? I have early mornings and would prefer someplace close so I don't have a long commute to the Thompson Conference Center on the campus.

Many thanks in advance for the help!!
SteveBott
AG
Use Uber from any place in downtown
Mike Elko
AG
That's the Kansas game, and the whorns will likely be 4-5. Downtown hotels shouldn't be a problem.

You can always try AirBnB, too.
rather be fishing
AG
Have you tried AirBNB or homeaway?
BQ78
AG
Probably booked but Hotel Ella is nice.
512Ag
AG
The Thompson Conference Center is on the NE side of campus, so you're going to have a little commute regardless of where you stay because there are no hotels on that side (unless you want to stay at the Days Inn on I-35 (you don't). SteveBott has it right -- just stay anywhere downtown and uber/lyft over. In the morning it'll be a short commute. You don't want to deal with parking.
Bitter Old Man
AG
There is a Hampton Inn just south of campus. The AT&T Conference Center has a hotel on campus. Hotel Ella (mentioned) is west of Campus. That's about it, otherwise, stay downtown. Its not a far commute fro DT to campus.
Martin Cash
AG
Is the Villa Capri still open????
WestAustinAg
AG
Hotel Ella is aggie owned and operated. It hosted TAMU and its SXSW exhibit last spring. Very nice.
txjortsagent
AG
I'd Priceline/Hotwire it and Uber around
HouTXAg
AG
Thanks everyone!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.