Austin
Sponsored by

ACL VIP Tickets

919 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Another Doug
Another Doug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My sister (also an Aggie) helps out with a non-profit, they had a fund raiser this past week where a couple VIP weekend passes for next weekend went unclaimed. Face value is $1100 each, but she is looking to price them to sell so she gets something for her organization. I assume this donation would also be tax deductible.

If you are interested, let me know.
If you know ACL, what would be a reasonable price for these?

*Because of the way these were donated, Stubhub like service cannot be used.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I am no tax expert, but from my understanding if someone bought them for anything less than face, they would not be able to deduct anything from their taxable income. However, if you paid over face say 1200 you'd only be able to deduct the amount over face value $100. Which would net you $38 savings if you are in the 38% tax bracket
Another Doug
AG
Thanks, Then disregard the tax deduction part. Doubtful they will sell for over face at this point.
Another Doug
AG
In case anyone was interested, she found a way to get an auction site for it.... The "buy it now" is a lot cheaper than face......

PLEASE SHARE WITH AUSTIN AREA FRIENDS: Opportunity for HUGE DISCOUNT on Austin City Limits VIP Passes for this weekend!

Charity auction package includes: TWO (2) VIP Passes for ALL THREE DAYS of ACL (Oct 13-15) with amazing access and amenities.
Auction closes: Wednesday 10/11/17 at 10am.
PLACE YOUR BID HERE: https://aesbid.com/MG17/Item?id=9700&categoryId=12146&page=1

*** 100% of proceeds benefit ManeGait Therapeutic Horsemanship ***

These tickets are non-transferable, not for resale, and valid only for this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.