Austin
Sponsored by

ACL..... getting there

1,429 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ATXAdvisor
KT 90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My kid is going, wondering best options to get there from S/SW Austin? There is no parking at Zilker, and I am sure parking options nearby the general area are expensive ($40 at Austin High I believe). What are best options to get down there? Cap Metro I assume? Don't see a shuttle from the mall though.

JAW3336
AG
Uber
KT 90
AG
Yes, that'll work getting there. But won't it be hard (waiting time) and probably expensive to get a ride home at the end of the night? That many people wanting to leave at approximately the same time will overwhelm uber/lyft/etc I would assume. But I don't use those much.

Probably not really a "best" answer. Will be lines for the buses as well.

rather be fishing
AG
Since my wife says I might as well be 80, my vote is to just stay home.
BenFiasco14
AG
KT 90 said:

Yes, that'll work getting there. But won't it be hard (waiting time) and probably expensive to get a ride home at the end of the night? That many people wanting to leave at approximately the same time will overwhelm uber/lyft/etc I would assume. But I don't use those much.

Probably not really a "best" answer. Will be lines for the buses as well.

Reading this reminds me why I don't go to ACL. So much headache just to take a group photo with the picture frame to put on social media.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ATXAdvisor
AG
We only paid $20 to park in an office bldg garage in Rollingwood last year, IIRC. It was a reasonable walk under MoPac to Zilker.
Born Maroon
AG
There are affordable public lots and street parking downtown near the FREE ACL shuttles. The shuttle is a really good way to get there.

From the ACL site:
---
Board at Republic Square Park at the corner of 4th & Guadalupe streets and you'll be dropped off on Barton Springs Road outside the Barton Springs West Entrance.

The shuttles begin at Republic Square at 10:30AM and make their final return from the park at 11PM each day of the Festival.
----
Mike Elko
AG
Shuttle works. Or park in garage off W Sixth, where Cover 3 and other shops are located. Have parked there several times for ACL.
Aggietaco
AG
Renegade by God said:

We only paid $20 to park in an office bldg garage in Rollingwood last year, IIRC. It was a reasonable walk under 360 to Zilker.
Yeesh, I hope you mean under MoPac because that run from 360 to to Zilker kicks my butt.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We park near a bus stop and take the city bus that lets off close to Zilker
ATXAdvisor
AG
Nah, I just like the exercise!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.