Austin
Sponsored by

Help with Wedding Reception Setup and Take Down

935 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SouthernRaisedYankee
SouthernRaisedYankee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags!

I'm getting hitched in December and am looking for a company that can help with a few setup and take down items before and after the reception. We have vendors that will setup and take down tables and chairs, but none of them will assist with setting up linens, centerpieces, and photos etc.) We need help an hour before the reception and for the hour after the reception ends. Anyone have any recommendations of vendors that might provide this service?

Thanks for any input!
Bitter Old Man
AG
Sounds like you need an event planner. They usually take care of loose ends like that.
We used Casey Locke 512-913-8230 for an event, and she did a good job.
ratfacemcdougal
The catering outfit does not handle that? Any outside help will have to come, set up, go away for hours, then come back for clean up. How about a local boy or girl scout troop for a camp fundraiser.
rather be fishing
AG
I can't remember the name of the lady we used, but I agree with BOM, you need a day of coordinator. They will take care of all the things you don't want to worry about. I think the rate for the lady we used was like $900 (this was in 2010) and we gave her a good tip because of how smoothly she made it for us.
johnson2012
AG
Used a day of for ours also. Much better than trying to have a family member or friend coordinate day of things. Couldn't tell you her name though.

Other option: buy case of tecate, drive by home depot and honk twice on way to wedding, have a groomsman or somebody drop off helpers after
DriftwoodAg
AG
SouthernRaisedYankee said:

We have vendors that will setup and take down tables and chairs, but none of them will assist with setting up linens, centerpieces, and photos etc.)

isn't that what bridesmaids are for?
Bitter Old Man
AG
I'm starting to wonder if OP posted this hoping that a bunch of Texagers would jump in and volunteer to help for free, like Akita-BBQ style.
SouthernRaisedYankee
Bitter Old Man said:

I'm starting to wonder if OP posted this hoping that a bunch of Texagers would jump in and volunteer to help for free, like Akita-BBQ style.
Ha! We need help putting things away, not destroying them. If I wanted help burning down the venue I would request the presence of TexAggers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.