Austin
Sponsored by

Estate Planning?

2,306 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chipotle
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any good firms to go with that specialize in this? I'm a lol poor so no sense in going the 5 milliion plus route.
Bitter Old Man
AG
If you are less than $5MM, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you just looking for someone to write a Will for you, or something else?
chipotle
Wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney. We got a two year old and don't have this all worked out.
Bitter Old Man
AG
I used Frank Scofield at Scofield/Scofield. That is basically his starter package. He did a good job and didn't break the bank. local 476-8371

I'm sure there's an Aggie that does this too. but I don't know them.
SG09
AG
I used micheal stern - 1907 N. Lamar Blvd., Suite 300 512-469-9006. Cpa/lawyer with a ton of experience. Also teaches estate planning at local universities so he knows his stuff. Known him many years and he's always done right by me.
ATXAdvisor
AG
I know of a couple of Aggie estate planning attorneys in town. Amy Bloomquist in Westlake has a solo practice and Michelle Mobley is with a bigger downtown firm.

Some other good ones, but not Ags, are Bread Wiewel and Julia Nickerson.

Hope that helps.
neutics
AG
Renegade by God said:

Some other good ones, but not Ags, are Bread Wiewel and Julia Nickerson.

Sure Brad Wiewel is good...if you want to pay thousands of dollars. He taught my estate planning class.

We send clients to Laci Jones who is much more reasonable for simple situations. http://ljtxlaw.com/
TxAgg07
AG
My fiancee is a financial planner that deals with large accounts and she said that she'd highly recommend Michele Mobley. She's at Dubois and Campbell.
chipotle
Any ideas as to how much Michele Mobley charges? So far the folks we looked at are anywhere between $700-$2300.
Complaint Investigator
AG
Cheap may not always be better. I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish.

I have a pretty ironclad trust setup for my kiddo in case anything happens to me. Everything goes in to the trust, and everything I own outright is in the trust's name to include beneficiaries of my life insurance policies.

Nobody can touch it except 1.) my kiddo when she turns 25 2.) the executor, who is one of my good friends. That's it. No family, no creditors, no ex, etc. IIRC, I paid $3500, and the only thing he charges to change is if I have to change names with regards to medical POA's, executors etc - and only because there are a lot of areas to change. Cost is minimal for that. Anything else change wise is free as long as he's practicing.

Guy I used is in SA (Matt Spahn) but it looks like you have some good recommendations.
SquareOne07
AG
Ryan Vickers with Joh Hall & Associates is a good Ag and would love to help!
chipotle
Met with Michele and are probably going with her. Thank you everyone for your recommendations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.