Austin
Sponsored by

GAS!

1,873 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chipotle
thirty-two
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Better get you some. At noon today, about half of the gas stations I saw had no gas (Diesel only), and the others had lines that were 4 cars deep.

No sure how long it will take to recover, but if you have the chance, you might want to top off your tank (especially if you are driving out of town this weekend).
TyHolden
AG
Saw dude filling up his rv and telling everybody he just wanted to be sure he had it for game day. People were freaking out - pretty funny though.
jah003
S
People topping off their tank are creating this problem. There is no gas shortage. First we panic about water and now gas... Everyone chill the f out.
Hodor
AG
jah003 said:

People topping off their tank are creating this problem. There is no gas shortage. First we panic about water and now gas... Everyone chill the f out.
Agree!
I decided to top off my tank and fill up my extra cans, so I should be good until all the idiots calm down!

Hodor
AG
Oh, and this made me laugh (from reddit)

jah003
S
Oh geez... Real life has become an It's Always Sunny episode.

Sandman98
AG
I saw some clown filling milk jugs with gas and a line of cars blocking a lane on a major road. People are generally dumb. Good job creating a shortage.
Imsodopey
AG
This morning I filled up for a trip on Saturday. No lines. Some empty pumps. $2.39 a gallon.

It was at 5:15.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
filled up lakeway texaco - 2.70! a gallon - one car in front of me
texancanuck11
thirty-two said:

Better get you some. At noon today, about half of the gas stations I saw had no gas (Diesel only), and the others had lines that were 4 cars deep.

No sure how long it will take to recover, but if you have the chance, you might want to top off your tank (especially if you are driving out of town this weekend).
You're part of the problem.
CapCity12thMan
AG
countdown to first person storing gas in their garage burns their house down...
TamuKid
AG
If you actually need gas, like you're low and need it. not just wanting to top off...

Use gasbuddy's locator to help.

http://tracker.gasbuddy.com/
Aggietaco
AG
Was surprised to see the Chevron I always use had all of their pumps bagged and the price sign off this morning, so instead of chancing it I had to turn around and grab the truck to drive today. Thanks a lot, Obama.
Aggietaco
AG
thirty-two
AG
texancanuck11 said:

thirty-two said:

You're part of the problem.

No problem here. I have a full tank heading into Labor Day weekend.
texancanuck11
If you understood even the simplest rules of economics you would understand what I mean. Everybody panicking because of a "gas shortage" created an artificial shortage. Gas stations would not be empty had the idiot masses not come out in droves to top off their vehicles and fill up whatever receptacle they had lying around. Had everyone simply stuck to their refueling habits, this would be a non-issue.
thirty-two
AG
texancanuck11 said:

If you understood even the simplest rules of economics you would understand what I mean. Everybody panicking because of a "gas shortage" created an artificial shortage. Gas stations would not be empty had the idiot masses not come out in droves to top off their vehicles and fill up whatever receptacle they had lying around. Had everyone simply stuck to their refueling habits, this would be a non-issue.

I hear you. Don't tase me, bro.

I didn't panic. Had 1/3 tank left, in full size truck, and knew I had a 200 mile round trip to make this weekend. Saw some stations were out, and others had long lines, so I figured "welp, I better fill up ASAP."

Had I waited until my normal refuling habits, I'd be sitting here today, about to leave, with not enough gas to get to my destination, and no guarantee that I'd be able to find gas on the way. Then I'd be stuck like chuck.

I think the timing of Labor Day weekend and scheduled travel did not help. And yes, the people with 3/4 tanks and no plans to travel this weekend, but still "topping off" certainly did not help. Nor did the folks filling up 55-gallon drums.

sfroebel82
AG
I kept expecting the stations to put a 10 gallon limit on purchases, but apparently they didn't think of that. That's what they did during the shortages in the late '70s in the big cities.
chipotle
I'm just going to stay home.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.