Austin
Sponsored by

Best place to donate used clothes?

588 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgGrad99
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looking for recommendations on where to donate a lot of old jeans, shirts, etc.

I know Goodwill is always an option, but curious if anyone had a favorite charity or cause that accepts clothes they may have a connection to. TIA
BenFiasco14
AG
I'd also like to add that if anyone knows of any charity around here accepting used clothes (nothing nasty like underwear, it's just jeans, t-shirts, some button downs) to benefit Hurricane victims please let me know. I've done some research but can't find anything like that. Thanks again.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
An old neighbor is heavily involved with Angel House, and it's a pretty awesome group.

http://www.gracepresrr.org/wp/serve/angel-house/

Quote:

We also help work in the clothing closet by handing out jeans, shirts, jackets, socks, underwear and toiletries to the homeless on the fourth and fifth Saturday of each month from 9-11 am. To help keep the clothing closet stocked, we also gather clothing and toiletry donations throughout the year.
Harkrider 93
AG
I am sure there are others, but I know Planet Fitness is taking donations until Sept 5th for Harvey victims. The are asking for clothes, shoes, blankets, and bags.
AgGrad99
AG
Great Hills Baptist has a benevolence ministry called 'Denim to Pearls'. They accept clothing donations and distribute it to community members in need.

Just drop it off at the office.
wargograw
Salvation Army! My mother is the accountant at the rehab center they run at South congress. Great program.
fig96
AG
Harkrider 93 said:

I am sure there are others, but I know Planet Fitness is taking donations until Sept 5th for Harvey victims. The are asking for clothes, shoes, blankets, and bags.
Yup, tons of groups are taking things for Harvey victims right now. Can't imagine a better cause at the moment.
rather be fishing
AG
http://www.freestoreaustin.org/
AgGrad99
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Great Hills Baptist has a benevolence ministry called 'Denim to Pearls'. They accept clothing donations and distribute it to community members in need.

Just drop it off at the office.

This church is a Salvation Army evacuee location now also. Lots of cots and people now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.