Austin
Sponsored by

Expect some FUBAR traffic tomorrow

881 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HECUBUS
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Potcake
AG
Dammit. Fat thumb.

http://kxan.com/2017/08/28/trump-visiting-austin-during-texas-disaster-trip/
rather be fishing
AG
FWIW, I think a lot of places closed shop on Monday for no real reason. It was sure a nice trip to ABIA Monday morning for me.

I would be surprised if the Trump procession creates as much of a close down as Obama during SXSW did. Biggest congestion should be on the east side of town.
rather be fishing
AG
I got a notification that my flights back into ABIA "could be" delayed due to weather, but I assume it's mostly due to the presidential flights.
Potcake
AG
He is going to be at the State Emergency Operation Center at DPS HQ. Then leaving Austin at 4:20. The airport and in between will be a cluster. We missed an Aggie Vet school graduation a few years back because we got stuck in Obama 71 traffic when he was going to Manor.
keeperofthespirits
DPS HQ off airport?

If so FFFFF

We are flying out 5:40 and live in Hyde Park, that may wreck our travel plans
rather be fishing
AG
keeperofthespirits said:

DPS HQ off airport?

If so FFFFF

We are flying out 5:40 and live in Hyde Park, that may wreck our travel plans

Leave now.
Potcake
AG
It's the DOS building at Lanar/Koenig
HECUBUS
AG
We saw Clinton exiting the hood during a late trip to Randall's on Lake Austin, about 10:00 pm. He had the window down and waved from his limmo. He was heading East in the direction of 6th street which Lake Austin kind-of turns into. We didn't wave back. We did look around the parking lot and the wife and I were the only ones there. Obama was on our street. Neighbors ran by, we walked. Our kids saw him. A neighbor got a cell phone photo of Obama with the window down in his limo waving as they turned on Yaupon Valley from Red Bud in the late afternoon. We did see the limmo and were aware that someone on live oak circle was having a dinner party for Obama.

I'm pretty sure Trump will not be in the hood. We did not see him. This is the red part of Austin. It seems to attract blue presidents though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.