Austin
Sponsored by

Spectrum intraweb and cable?

747 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MaroonStain
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am moving into my new abode tomorrow and have cable set-up ready to roll.

Any difference between TW and Spectrum? Same performance?

The place I am moving has $79 package for 50MB and HD cable receiver. I am paying $10 extra for upgrade to 100MB.
AgGrad99
AG
No difference since they changed their name.

I have Spectrum for our office. Rarely have issues.

fig96
AG
Bit late as you're probably installed by now, but I prefer Uverse over Spectrum/TW, had some sporadic down time and really slow periods on Spectrum. AT&T Fiber is also awesome, especially if you pony up for the faster connection.
Caesar4
AG
I suppose you already made a decision, but I know of one difference between TimeWarnerCable and Spectrum.

TimeWarnerCable offered a whole-house DVR, where you had a single DVR in the house but could watch recorded content on any TV in the house (for those TVs that also had a cable box).

Spectrum won't set this up. Apparently it's simply their policy. If you already have it with TWC, then it still works with Spectrum. But, if you didn't already have it, then Spectrum won't set it up.

I'm thinking of switching to Sling anyhow.
MaroonStain
AG
Yes, I am connected. Everything works fine. I barely watch TV. Binging Arrow on Netflix and playing PS4 games. Installer tech got service to two jacks. My tirades on slow, silly For Honor players are not interrupted. All is well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.