Austin
Sponsored by

Assistance would be appreciated....

1,035 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgGrad99
Bosco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The cliff Notes: So I live in Dallas and work in sales. I knocked it out of the park this past two weeks and had a massive check coming. Boss very pleased with the production and then looks over to my pay...he decides he doesn't want to pay that so he calls his nephew to have a chat with me.

Basically, (it's a family owned place) he just says "yeah, I don't know where you got the idea what we were gonna pay ___% of ____, but that's incorrect. Whatever happened in the past, you don't owe us or anything, but we will just pay you ____% going forward, mkay?"

Nevermind I have been paid on this same percentage for 3 months now. No, I did not get the percentages in writing (foolish I know).

At least I have saved a ton of money and can walk out tomorrow if I wanted to.

I would like to take this opportunity to move to Austin, and (probably) take something I am over qualified for, but I really love the city and completely loathe Dallas. The only thing keeping me here was that I was making good money. I'm single and can pack up and go anywhere.

Does anyone have contacts in any of: City of Austin, car dealerships, or any other industry that requires a smooth talking extrovert? I have a background in biotech/clinical trials, but made a career change for more money. The obvious pharma sales has too much travel for my taste.

Let the networking begin (I hope)!
Potcake
AG
I always thought you lived in Houston.
Bosco
AG
Hey I'm agnostic and resent that comparison....
Martin Cash
AG
Bosco said:

The cliff Notes: So I live in Dallas and work in sales. I knocked it out of the park this past two weeks and had a massive check coming. Boss very pleased with the production and then looks over to my pay...he decides he doesn't want to pay that so he calls his nephew to have a chat with me.

Basically, (it's a family owned place) he just says "yeah, I don't know where you got the idea what we were gonna pay ___% of ____, but that's incorrect. Whatever happened in the past, you don't owe us or anything, but we will just pay you ____% going forward, mkay?"

Nevermind I have been paid on this same percentage for 3 months now. No, I did not get the percentages in writing (foolish I know).

At least I have saved a ton of money and can walk out tomorrow if I wanted to.

I would like to take this opportunity to move to Austin, and (probably) take something I am over qualified for, but I really love the city and completely loathe Dallas. The only thing keeping me here was that I was making good money. I'm single and can pack up and go anywhere.

Does anyone have contacts in any of: City of Austin, car dealerships, or any other industry that requires a smooth talking extrovert? I have a background in biotech/clinical trials, but made a career change for more money. The obvious pharma sales has too much travel for my taste.

Let the networking begin (I hope)!

1100 Congress Avenue sounds like the place for you.
Bosco
AG
Hilarious BQ75, although as a libertarian, I do appreciate it when people show disdain for the government.

wargograw
Bosco said:

Hey I'm agnostic and resent that comparison....
I'm Christian and would resent that comparison...
rather be fishing
AG
They said Californy is the place you ought be...
AgGrad99
AG
Quote:

If they set a precedence of paying you that percentage, and you can prove that...might be worth pressing the issue before you leave.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.