Austin
Sponsored by

ICU Medical - Austin (cross-posted on Job Network board)

3 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie Pharmer
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi all,
Wondering if any of y'all work/have worked at what is now ICU Medical in Austin near Howard and MoPac? I believe this was started as Abbot, then was Hospira, then Pfizer prior to the ICU buyout.

I'm interested in a job there and have some questions regarding the company, as well as site, culture.

Thanks in advance!
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I haven't worked there but I know people who have. There is a ton of turnover and it can be quick turnover. It's seems more rare to not find a job posted there. They use quite a bit of contract work through agencies even for technical positions which is not out of the ordinary but that might be part of the turnover. In the past they have had issues with recalls for particulate in the solutions they make especially as hospital. Still see those occasionally but it might be getting better.

Someone I know has been there a good while now and has moved up the ladder so it must not be all bad. 24/7 plant and they use shift work depending on the department. production and quality definitely do and a lot of people start on nights but that kind of depends.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Thanks for the info!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.