Austin
Sponsored by

Small engine repair

688 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jah003
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recommendations for chainsaw repair? Have a Poulan that I need to have fixed. Prefer not to use McCoy's.

I believe I heard that the guy across from HEB on Burnet closed down.
Potcake
AG
Yea, it was actually down by The Pit but they did close a year or so ago. You can try Austin Outdoor Power (Lamar just south of Braker) but I think they're usually backed up several weeks. I have one you can borrow if you're in a rush.
rather be fishing
AG
Appreciate the offer. I'm not in a huge rush to get it fixed right now, just had it sitting in the garage not working for a while and want to get it taken care soonish.

I'll give those guys a call and see what their wait looks like.
fig96
AG
The guy that does my lawn in Cedar Park also does engine repair for lawnmowers so I imagine that would be pretty similar (depending on exactly what's wrong with it). Can pass along info if you'd like.
jah003
S
I take my blower, weed eater, and lawnmower to Gunn on Anderson Square. They do great work, are honest, and relatively cheap (from what I can tell). Trying to park there is a PITA, but other than that they are great.
Potcake
AG
Ah yea, I forgot about Top Gunn. I bought my Stihl weedeater there. It's close to OP also.
rather be fishing
AG
Gunn is close. I don't guess I realized they did repair work. Thanks.
jah003
S
rather be fishing said:

Gunn is close. I don't guess I realized they did repair work. Thanks.
You can tell the bulk of their work in through rentals and businesses... However, they'll fix the regular 'Ol lawn maintenance dudes stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.