Austin
Sponsored by

Wine Tours in Fredericksburg

1,203 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txjortsagent
Shane Minks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honeymooning in Fredericksburg, and am looking to book some winery tours. Anyone have any advice or recommendations? Thanks in advance.
BenFiasco14
AG
There's a lot of good "Bed and Breakfasts" on AirBnB that are very nice, my SO swoons over them. Also a few hotels in the downtown Fredericksburg area. There's also a "290 Shuttle" that can drive you between various wineries, I'm not sure how it works exactly, but worth looking up.

Never been disappointed with any of the wineries I've gone to in Fredericksburg. Believe the most recent ones I went to was Becker Vineyards and 4.0 Cellars. Becker was much more scenic, had live music and such. You can't really go wrong out there.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Becker is very nice but Grape Creek is the best IMO.
AggieStout
AG
just got back from there for my anniversary. Stayed at a nice B&B in town called sugarberry inn. It is a block off main street which was nice because we were able to go out and walk around to shops and restaurants.

We did the 290 shuttle over any of the other wine tours. Found it to be really great. They have a list of wineries they go to on their site. They hit up most of the big names out there. It is cheaper than the other tours and you can hop on and off the shuttle at which ever winery you want throughout the day. Super convenient. They are really well organized with their process and you really don't wait more than 5 mins at a winery for a shuttle. Plus you can send however long you want at each winery. They will also take any boxes or bag of wine you buy and tag them with your name so you can pick them up at 4pm in town. This was great because then you did have to carry anything around with you that you bought. I would recommend them to anyone.
We bought tickets online. You show up at the intown pick location and they give you a wrist band. Then you hop on a shuttle.

We did 3 wineries, started at 10am, Becker, Grape Creek and messina hof finished around 1 or 2pm and then went back to town to have late lunch.
txjortsagent
AG
Hell, just hit'em all, get her good and liquored up and find a cheap motel
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.