Austin
Sponsored by

Area water parks

876 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BiochemAg97
txjortsagent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Give me the scoop on Volente and on Typhoon Texas if you've been to either
Charpie
AG
Volente is ok. There is literally one big slide and that's about it. Typhoon Texas is much better according to the kid. She's gone with classmates.

Schlitterbahn still rocks and is well worth the drive to NB
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
I love volente beach, but it's more of a day at the lake than a water park. My kids are 7 and 3 so the limited rides still works for us - and it's convenient to my house. There are also virtually no lines/crowds and the fresh water aspect is a plus for me. If your expectation is a true water park I think you will be disappointed. I'm really looking forward to taking my oldest out to typhoon TX this summer...
BadMoonRisin
AG
We live across the tollway from Typhoon Texas. People on the neighborhood facebook page used to ***** about Hawaiian Falls all the time but have been raving about it since the new management took over this summer.

They added a new 2 story splash pad, lowered the price a bit, dont charge for parking, and are managing it much better, it seems.

BiochemAg97
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

We live across the tollway from Typhoon Texas. People on the neighborhood facebook page used to ***** about Hawaiian Falls all the time but have been raving about it since the new management took over this summer.

They added a new 2 story splash pad, lowered the price a bit, dont charge for parking, and are managing it much better, it seems.

Went to HF once for a corporate function shortly after it opened. Seemed small for someone who goes to Schlitterbahn every year or so. We looked into getting a season pass because of how close, but the pricing didn't make sense given the cost.

Also had a niece that lifeguarded there last summer and her behind the scenes stories sounded like management was terrible.

Might be worth a look if new management has improved things like you say.

Too bad Schlitterbahn never got things started in Cedar Park.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.