Austin
Sponsored by

Austin 360 Ampitheater Concessions

1,273 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Froppe
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi all,
The wife and I are going to see Chicago and The Doobie Brothers tonight.
Do they sell food there or only drinks?

Thanks to all for any info you can share!
Potcake
AG
Yes, there are food tents and concession areas. There is also a craft beer concession if you wanr more than the typical light stuff. Great concert venue but a money grab.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Thanks!
Aust Ag
AG
Let us know how it was. Post review.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Thanks again for the advice.

I'll start out by saying that crowd management outside of the venue sucked. They opened the gates 1 hour before the show and the line to get in was probably 400 yards long, and growing, when we arrived. To make matters worse, the drop-off point for the shuttles was right in front of the gate, so you had people crashing the line as soon as they got off the shuttle. There were plenty of personnel walking around, but it seemed like they couldn't be bothered to do their jobs.

As for the concessions being a money grab, you were right on target. We paid $24 for two hamburgers with fries. Not that bad and we expected to pay that because of the venue. However, the burgers we had were terrible. The meat was cold and the fries were too. They did have Stella Artois on tap though, which was nice considering the only other choices were Bud and Bud Light.

The lawn seating was really nice, but packed. If you take anything other than a stadium seat or blanket to sit on, you are in trouble. The incline is severe enough that you wouldn't be able to sit in a camp chair.

We went to see The Doobie Brothers and were really impressed. They played most of their well-known songs and were really a lot of fun. Chicago, on the other hand, I could have done without. The wife and I left about halfway through their show and hiked the mile or so back to the parking lot so we could beat the traffic.

All in all, not a bad little Saturday night. We would consider going there again for a concert, but skip the hamburgers next time. :-)

Aust Ag
AG
Good review. I've only been there a couple of times, and would be out there more if it was closer.

Lots of Ags complained about the Cedar Park Center being "out of the way" for Fish Fry. Ha, how bout COTA for people in NW Austin!

Wonder why Chicago was so bad? They actually seem to have the better songs. Maybe age catching up to them like everyone else.
txjortsagent
AG
With Chicago and the Doobie Brothers, they should have had it catered by Luby's.
Aust Ag
AG
Don't get me started on Lubys. Damn things are shutting down all over the place. Hard to find some fresh veggies at lunch anymore. Not hard to find quick drive-ins.
Froppe
AG
I woulda gone with Meals on Wheels, but whatever.

By the way, they're two of my favourite bands.

What time does lunch arrive?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.