Austin
Sponsored by

Tell me your commute times and from where

2,736 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rather be fishing
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy folks,

In the way early stages of looking for an actual house, and not wanting to buy in actual Austin. Really looking at Dripping Springs but I'd imagine the commute from there to downtown Austin would be pure hell due to all the lights on 290 and the cluster**** intersection there right before MoPac. Just more generally speaking though, I'd like to hear commute times from various outlying areas as well as the relative time you usually leave for work. Additionally or alternatively how long it also takes you to get home and the ~ time.

Most interested in Dripping Springs as I said and things out west in the Hill Country, but would like to hear from anywhere.

Thanks!
GT_Aggie2015
AG
I have a buddy who lives on the Wimberley side of Dripping Springs and commutes to near 35 and Cesar Chavez. He's on the road 1-1:15 each way typically but sometimes up to 1:30. He used to live in Kyle and said that commute was better than what he does now.
Drip99
AG
I live in dripping and 290/the Ysuck and will only get worse as more and more people move out here. That being said it's a great place to live and if u can be a little flexible with your work hours you will be just fine. You can also take 1826 in and avoid the Y which is what I do most of the time. If you leave after 7am you are likely looking at an hour + would be my guess
wargograw
I'm in South Buda. To downtown it's only about 45 minutes in the morning. During non-rush hour periods it's only 25 minutes.
BQ92
AG
From the Avery Ranch area, 35 mins before 6:15AM, As much as 1:15 after 6:35
voorheesdn
AG
Dripping Springs to DT can get pretty rough through the Y at oak hill. You can use Southwest Pkwy to bypass some of it depending where downtown you work.

Shoot me an email david@voorheesteam.com I'd be happy to discuss some areas you might like.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
From Hyde Park to my wife's office at in Mueller it's about 7 mins, to mine downtown it's 10, and since I fly out of AUS 3+ times a month, it's 25 mins to AUS. We traded space for commute time. We live in an 800 square foot 2 bedroom. We are currently in the process of adding a bed, bath and pool.
AggieBob08
AG
I'm at 290 and Circle and it takes almost 30 minutes to hit downtown during rush hour currently.
chipotle
the Y
AgTDub
AG
Spicewood(West Cypress Hills) to Braker/183 takes me 35min in the morning(leave at 645) and an hour-hour 15 home in the afternoon(leave office at 430)
AggieOO
183/620 - i only go into the office 1 day a week, but takes me 9 mins to drive to work in RR. If I don't use the toll road, it takes me about 15 mins. Wife commutes to 37th & Red River, and it takes her 45 mins leaving around 7a.
Ag In Texas
AG
Currently renting in Belterra on 290 headed to Dripping. Commute from there to the Rollingwood exit on Mopac is about 20-25 min in the morning and 45 min in the evening.
Aggietaco
AG
Commuting into downtown from anywhere remotely outside of town is an hour plus due to the size, quantity, and quality of our infrastructure.

Dripping/Wimberly/Driftwood area is a great place to live, but the hours spent commuting makes it a lot less attractive.

I think the area accessible to Bee Caves/2244 on the West side of town is the easiest/quickest path into downtown, but that too, is getting worse every day.
MouthBQ98
AG
Paige, Tx to 35@290E is 45 mins for me in summer, 1hour when school is in. If they would fix the titanic cluster **** that is having 290 squeeze through manor with no overpass or bypass, it would be 10 minutes faster.

Plus is I am on 10 acres 2K sq feet and can only see one neighbor's house and very affordable. Makes up for the 2 hours a day on the road for me.
fig96
AG
20 minutes from Cedar Park to 183/Braker and about the same heading back around 8:30 and 5:30.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Mueller - 16 minutes
one MEEN Ag
AG
HAR.com has a drive time estimation overlay for their maps. You can search all Texas areas.

Pretty good stuff for a question like this.
Swarely
Out by the airport. 30 min downtown during rush. I have friends on the Austin side of Bastrop that it takes them about an hour. Maybe less now that the new toll road is in.
tamc91
AG
Circle C. 10 minutes to intersection of 290/71 and 360 (Capitol of Tx Hwy) on SW side of town.
HECUBUS
AG
Four miles, eleven minutes in rush hour. Kid's schools are in the middle.
rather be fishing
AG
Well, I'll have a new commute starting in July.

Made the drive leaving from Burnet/183 at 8:00 to Oltorf/35 in about 25 minutes a couple weeks ago. Would be awesome if that stays that way. Hoping the return in the afternoon won't be too bad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.