Austin
Sponsored by

Uber & Lyft return to Austin Monday

1,737 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guess now Austin will double down on anything immigration, whatever the prioriy, the Mayor and council will be on the wrong side.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/27/15705060/lyft-uber-returning-austin-texas-fingerprinting-requirements
txjortsagent
txjortsagent
AG
https://texags.com/forums/36/topics/2775099/last#last
FredMc92
F those companies.
tamc93
AG
FredMc92 said:

F those companies.
Why? Austin overreached (again) and was slapped (again).
txjortsagent
AG
I'm with tamc93 on this one. Ride Austin sucks.
AggieStout
AG
tamc93 said:

FredMc92 said:

F those companies.
Why? Austin overreached (again) and was slapped (again).
YUP. I can remember the party they threw downtown with the mayor smiling his ass off as he was interviewed. Bunch of dumbasses
FinMick
AG
I finally used all my FARE referral credits last Friday. I will miss the free rides.
JCRiley09
AG
Austin overreached? Lyft and Uber spent millions in advertising and still didn't get their way in a city wide election. Seems like Austin implemented a policy that was well received by the local electorate.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Austin overreached? Lyft and Uber spent millions in advertising and still didn't get their way in a city wide election. Seems like Austin implemented a policy that was well received by the local electorate.

That's because the local electorate is largely composed of morons. Austin specifically targeted these two companies with their policies.
fig96
AG
Champ Bailey said:

JCRiley09 said:

That's because the local electorate is largely composed of morons. Austin specifically targeted these two companies with their policies.
Not to mention that a lot of the population that uses these services can't vote (students and recently relocated young professionals).

I'd challenge how many of those that voted against were even familiar with the service, much less regular riders.
AggieOO
fig96 said:

Champ Bailey said:

JCRiley09 said:

Not to mention that a lot of the population that uses these services can't vote (students and recently relocated young professionals).

I'd challenge how many of those that voted against were even familiar with the service, much less regular riders.

The majority that voted against prop 1 don't use any kind of public/mass transit.
JCRiley09
AG
For those using the services now compared to two weeks ago, is it really that different?
fig96
AG
AggieOO said:

fig96 said:

Champ Bailey said:

JCRiley09 said:

The majority that voted against prop 1 don't use any kind of public/mass transit.
Truth. But it's bad and stuff.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
JCRiley09 said:

For those using the services now compared to two weeks ago, is it really that different?

Yeah. The apps are just completely superior. Way faster, you never get hung and have to close it down, it finds a driver way faster and they have always been cheaper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.