Austin
Sponsored by

Uber substitute?

1,303 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by emando2000
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be down in north Austin for Saturday night and plan on drinking too much. Would love to Uber but obviously can't. Is there something similar available? Thanks.
Aggielandma12
AG
Ride Austin. App is identical to Uber
agcrock2005
AG
Aggielandma12 said:

Thank you!
KT 90
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Aggielandma12 said:

Thank you!

Ride Austin or Fasten are the most popular and give you the best shot at a quicker ride. There are others, but those two seem to be the best option.

agcrock2005
AG
Is it the ride Austin that's 2.99 or the free one? Thanks.
Aggielandma12
AG
free one
JB
AG
Ride Austin has always been pretty quick for me
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
My Wingz driver told me Friday that Uber would be back on Tuesday. If so, I may continue to use Wingz for my prearranged rides but good bye to those other apps!
thirty-two
AG
I've used both Fare and RideAustin. Both are good.
rather be fishing
AG
I've been pretty happy with fasten for airport trips.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The problem with all the non uber alternatives is driver and car quality. Most are good, but they don't do a get job of kicking the ****ty ones out of the system, I have gotten a few rides where I was concerned for my safety because to the lack of maintenance on their cars. Also the drivers seem to bounce around depending on who is offering bonuses. If you are downtown on a Wednesday and need a ride after midnight you better have 2 or 3 apps to get any kind of timely ride.
rather be fishing
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

The problem with all the non uber alternatives is driver and car quality. Most are good, but they don't do a get job of kicking the ****ty ones out of the system, I have gotten a few rides where I was concerned for my safety because to the lack of maintenance on their cars. Also the drivers seem to bounce around depending on who is offering bonuses. If you are downtown on a Wednesday and need a ride after midnight you better have 2 or 3 apps to get any kind of timely ride.
I'd agree with everything you say, but I do the trips so infrequently that I don't have a good idea of how bad they are in general.
emando2000
AG
I typically use Fare. It's slightly pricier for a non peak time but doesn't have the peak pricing when they hit. I've never been slapped with anything over $40.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.