Austin
Sponsored by

Lost Creek Country Club

991 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bqce
Cobra Kai
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone here a member? I'm thinking of joining, but wanted to get others thoughts. I have a young family so I want to make sure there is plenty to do for them if we are going to become members.
aggiederelict
Not a member but play there quite a bit. Great deal and nice course. Interested in other members experiences.
CapCity12thMan
AG
I heard new manager is ticking people off
Cobra Kai
AG
Oh yah? How so?
ATXAdvisor
AG
It's a nice "entry level" club. That's not my description, that is how the management described it to members that weren't pleased with cost cutting and perceived quality degradation. They are not member owned, and their for profit business model is to get members to move to more expensive clubs in their portfolio as they can afford it.

That said, if you live close and play a lot of golf and/or tennis, it's a really nice club with a decent golf course. You can probably get them to reduce the initiation deposit down to a couple of grand, but just remember that those monthly dues and extra costs (carts, food, beverages) can still really add up.
bqce
AG
That was my home course for my Club Corp membership - I left in the middle of last year. It was okay. I just played golf though. It looked like there were always quite a few youth in the pool. I left because I live in Elgin and it was just too hard to get to it.

I don't know if they did this to just the Club Corp guys, but there were always nebulous charges for events that I didn't go to - and they didn't offer an opt out. It just showed up on the bill. They also have a weird driving range charge - they add that to your bill, even if you never use it, which I rarely did.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.