Austin
Sponsored by

Body found in drainage ditch near St.Louis King of France?

1,097 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rather be fishing
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I work at the St. Louis garden on Thursday evenings. Last week we had to quit at 5:00 as the storms hit. Another volunteer sent us a link about a body being found around 6:00 in the ditch in front of the farm. Here is the link but I haven't seen a story anywhere else.
http://keyetv.com/news/local/body-found-in-north-austin-drainage-ditch

Fishing, or any others in the area heard anything?
rather be fishing
AG
Just what I've seen on Nextdoor, which includes that link.

We've got a halfway house in our hood that would be my first guess if it happened closer to us, but that's a little too far south.
chet98
AG
Crestview listserv was saying that one of the cops told a bystander that they (APD) thought it was a self-inflicted gun shot. I think they were searching for the gun at the time. Who knows if true.
rather be fishing
AG
Suicide makes the most sense due to the lack of information on it. Searching for the gun doesn't make a lo of sense though unless Arroyo Seco was flowing at some point.
Potcake
AG
It would have been. We left the farm, which is 100 ft from that intersection, at 5:00, as the storm hit. It rained pretty hard over the next hour. Could have floated down from somewhere else. Really creepy though.
rather be fishing
AG
That makes sense. I wasn't in town last week, so no clue on the weather. I also don't know if I've ever seen how that creek flows after rains. Hard to project how far a body could have traveled but doesn't seem like it would be far.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.