Austin
Sponsored by

Moving to Cedar Park / Leander

1,217 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Martin Cash
chuckd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Buttercup Creek neighborhood decent? Saw there was no HOA and a city park with a pool. Houses sell for $200-300k while surrounding neighborhoods are $350-500k so just wondering how the neighbors were.
chipotle
It's an older neighborhood probably 40 years old which compared to the surrounding areas which are around 10-15.

Not too bad an area. Only have to deal with old 183 traffic during rush hours.
chuckd
AG
I see. Looks like most houses were built 1983-1986, but the house I'm looking at was built in 2000. No riff raff though?
BBDP
AG
I live just north. We swim, play tennis and occasionally basketball in those parks.

It's an older part and closer to apartments but a nice area overall.
AgBass01
AG
My mother in law lives in Buttercup Creek and was one of the first houses built in the neighborhood. It's pretty nice depending on where you are. Like you said, there is no HOA so you do have some houses that are not kept up, but for the most part it's a nice neighborhood.
voorheesdn
AG
It's a nice part of town lots of things close by. If you work downtown it's going to be an awful long commute. Shoot me an email if you have any other questions. www.spotcrime.com is a good resource. david@voorheesteam.com
fig96
AG
We just bought right in that area (new construction closer to Bell), very happy with it so far. 183 traffic to Braker is really reasonable, on long days my commute is about 20 minutes (toll tag saves me 10 minutes).

There's also more to do over here as far as restaurants, breweries, etc. than I realized, and on the weekends it's not that far from town.
Martin Cash
AG
chuckd said:

Is Buttercup Creek neighborhood decent? Saw there was no HOA and a city park with a pool. Houses sell for $200-300k while surrounding neighborhoods are $350-500k so just wondering how the neighbors were.
Huge plus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.