Austin
Sponsored by

Vehicle body shop recommendation?

639 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SteveBott
Cole97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need a recommendation for a body shop. I live in Round Rock and would like something sorta near me if possible. I want someone who will do a good job and work with the insurance company for the person that hit me. I have a Chevy Equinox and the damage is all on the back end....hatch back is dinged in, bumper dinged and the plastic pieces above/below the bumper are almost completely ripped off. It is at the tow yard now and the adjuster is supposed to look at it tomorrow but I have to tell them by tomorrow noon where to take my vehicle.

Any suggestions??
ELButler95
AG
Avoid AusTex body like the plague. They worked on my car a few years back and did a terrible job. Had to take my car back 4 separate times to get all the problems corrected. They did such a bad job on my suspension it ruined one of my tires and they tried to blame me for the bad repair...

If you can make it to Austin, I highly recommend Twomey Auto works. I have been using Don and his shop for 10 years now for varying degrees of damage. He always does a great job. http://twomeyautoworks.com/
SteveBott
AG
I know Don personally and he has been in business for 20 plus years. Tell him I sent you.
aggielax48
AG
Austin Body Works if you end up in Austin.
thach
AG
FWIW, I've had two cars at Masters Autocraft in Pflugerville (across from the high school), and both times they've done very good jobs.
Hobbes01
AG
Maybe too late, but I can not say enough good things about Scott at Autocrafters: (512) 388-7336. He has made several repairs, one from extensive front end damage, and the repair work was outstanding. He also went to bat for me fighting my insurance to get OEM replacement panels instead of after market panels. Scott has also worked on many, many coworkers' vehicles over the years. Would go to him again in a heartbeat, despite the fact that he is located about an 1.5 hours from my house.
ELButler95
AG
SteveBott said:

I know Don personally and he has been in business for 20 plus years. Tell him I sent you.
Great guy. I used to drink beer at Aussies with him.
Cole97
AG
Thank y'all. As great of a review as y'all said, I don't think the insurance company would've let me take it to Austin. The car had to be towed because the seatbelt was no longer working and there was an error message about the airbags even though they didn't deploy.....even if it was drivable, I definitely was in no shape to drive after the accident, and didn't go back to work until today (although probably should not have).

But I do greatly appreciate the suggestions.
SteveBott
AG
Bull Sheet on either you take and at what cost

You decide and just call the repair place of your choice and tell them to fetch it. They know the rules.

Done

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.