Austin
Sponsored by

Concert info for F1 at COTA

1,065 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JCRiley09
JAW3336
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking about going to the Timberlake concert at COTA.

Has anyone been to one of the concerts there during F!? Just curious how it is.

Sound, sight lines, distances, crowded?

Thanks for the help.
Hanrahan
AG
If it's in the actual amphitheater is pretty great. If it's the big super stage they setup for the actual F1 big Show, it sucks ballz
jah003
S
I've seen a few shows at the 360 amphitheater outside of F1 and it's a pretty nice venue. Lots of food trucks lining the outside walkway as well.
JAW3336
AG
It will be the big theater for F1. I figured it would suck.
Hanrahan
AG
If you do decide to go you have to at least get the pit passes so you aren't a half mile from the stage. We paid a frigging fortune for the "VIP" seating for Taylor swift (wife is a fan) and they were absolutely terrible seats way back from the stage. It's a like watching a football game from the cheap seats at cowboys stadium. All you do is watch the TV.
JCRiley09
AG
Wife and I got the up close tickets for TSwift last year. If you want a good spot for the concert, don't anticipate seeing any racing. We spent most of the time lined up. But the experience was pretty good.

I definitely recommend the track standing room tickets instead of general admission or VIP unless you bring some binoculars
Gramercy Riffs
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Wife and I got the up close tickets for TSwift last year. If you want a good spot for the concert, don't anticipate seeing any racing. We spent most of the time lined up. But the experience was pretty good.

I definitely recommend the track standing room tickets instead of general admission or VIP unless you bring some binoculars
Is it still necessary to spend all that time lined up if you've got the standing room tickets?
JCRiley09
AG
It probably wasn't. I'm sure we could have still moved up close to the stage if we'd just shown up when the concert gates opened, but the wife is a super fan and we HAD to ensure that we'd be as close as possible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.