Austin
Sponsored by

Austin area Ag in need of help

1,009 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Schrute
dmart90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cross-posted from Premium. I figure Austin Ags might want to help out. Posted by DTP02:
Quote:

I know Karoni Forrester '99 thru some Vietnam MIA/KIA organizations and events. She's a really neat person, a great Ag, and has poured a lot of herself into serving and remembering Aggie KIA/MIA's and their families. Her dad, USMC Captain Ronald Forrester '69 was shot down in Vietnam in 1972 and is still classified as MIA.

Karoni is a single mom and lives in Austin with her daughter Lily, and their home caught on fire last weekend and is unlivable, and most of their personal possessions have been ruined due to fire and smoke damage.

Here is a link to the GoFundMe page started by a friend of hers: https://www.gofundme.com/karoni-lily. I know some of you may be skeptical about GoFundMe's, but we've been in touch with Karoni directly and know this is legit. The goal listed is pretty modest, and I'm sure considerably less than they would need to actually be made whole.

If you feel led to give to this good Ag and her daughter, please post on this thread if you don't mind, as I'd like to be able to show Karoni and Lily that it was mostly Ags helping take care of Ags (and not her tsip neighbors bearing the burden!). As of this posting, $2125 of the $5000 goal has been raised.
Schrute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Over $8000 raised! Good work Aggies!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.