Austin
Sponsored by

Any houses for rent in North Austin area?

3,518 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GT_Aggie2015
GT_Aggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was curious to see if any of you have any houses available for rent as of June 1st in any of the following areas: Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Pflugerville areas. Ideally, we'd like to stay near 183/45/35/79. 130 is probably a bit too far out for us.

I am working with someone to find something but figured I would also give TexAgs a shot. Some relevant info below. Some of these are nice to haves and not musts.

• Monthly rent: $1200-$1500 max
  • 1 year lease potentially 18 month lease
  • Pets: 2 - Both husky-shepherd mixes well behaved and 1 (56lbs) and 2 (71lbs) yrs old. No history of aggressive behavior and all shots and check ups up to date
  • Would prefer a home with a 2 car garage
  • The SO would prefer double vanity sinks in the master as well as a walk in shower
  • Medium sized to large backyard for the pups
  • Prefer to have a home with a W/D but open to bringing our own
  • Also prefer hardwood/laminate floors in common areas

Let me know if you have anything available. Comment below or shoot me a PM. If you have something that you think might be a fit but doesn't have some of the above reach out anyway. We are flexible.
who?mikejones
AG
Good luck.
AggieOO
low end around us (620/183) seems to be 1600-1800/mo, and definitely goes up from there.
rather be fishing
AG
There's 2 on our cul-de-sac for rent right now. Both are around 1,000sqft, 3/1 with single car garages that you can't really fit a modern car in. Off Burnet between Anderson and 183. One is going for $1750/month. The current tenant has been there ~2 years and was paying $1350 or so.

The other is asking $1975.
discobrob
AG
There are a bunch in our neighborhood in round rock.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Around what neighborhood?
GT_Aggie2015
AG
We are willing to go higher and based on some early results we may have to, but would prefer to keep costs down. The biggest challenge we've had has been finding a house that will allow both dogs at their size.
Btron
AG
Why not just buy? You can get a mortgage for what you're seeking in monthly rent. And for those areas you're looking in, homes for sale should be affordable
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Btron said:

Why not just buy? You can get a mortgage for what you're seeking in monthly rent. And for those areas you're looking in, homes for sale should be affordable
To be perfectly honest, I do not think we are financially ready to buy a home quite yet. I think in about two years we should be good to go at least based on my very limited knowledge. On top of that, I wouldn't know where to start. I know there are programs out there for first time homebuyers and such but other than a very superficial knowledge base I'm clueless.
SteveBott
AG
Give me a call and I can walk you through it. It's not as complicated as most think. I'm mortgage and 14 years in the business

Phone is in my profile.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Would definitely be interested in learning more. I'll give you call Monday afternoon.
SteveBott
AG
Normally I would say call now but out with the oldest for her birthday so Monday is good.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
I would've called then but we were about to go out for dinner ourselves with her family.
Btron
AG
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Btron said:

To be perfectly honest, I do not think we are financially ready to buy a home quite yet. I think in about two years we should be good to go at least based on my very limited knowledge. On top of that, I wouldn't know where to start. I know there are programs out there for first time homebuyers and such but other than a very superficial knowledge base I'm clueless.

Never too late to buy. I passed up buying a house in allendale around 2007, if I knew then what I know now I would have jumped at the chance. Housing in Austin is only trending up, get on it now or live in Hutto in 10 yrs.
Potcake
AG
This is two housesdown from us. It was a duplex that they have turned into a single house. Haven't been in it but they did a couple months work on it. Our side of the street has large backyards. That price seems really high though.
https://www.redfin.com/city/30818/TX/Austin/filter/viewport=30.33895:30.33812:-97.73235:-97.73336
Charpie
AG
Half a mill for 1710 feet? Holy ****
Potcake
AG
Yea, it's not like it was a $250k teardown rebuild. I just don't see them getting that but there have been some new build duplexes going for 500-600. And we aren't exactly Pemberton Heights or Clarksville. Town going crazy.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Wtf?! I live up the road off Burnet, technically Gracy Farms. That's a ridiculous price. The remodel is nice though.
Potcake
AG
It's more than what we paid for twice the size and new build in 2012. I really doubt they get that price, at least not any time soon.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Is it absurd to think that's SF Bay Area pricing?
discobrob
AG
Eagles nest area in round rock. Old settlers and sunrise area. Tons of houses for lease in these neighborhoods.
rather be fishing
AG
There's a 4/2 by us for $375k. https://www.redfin.com/city/30818/TX/Austin/filter/viewport=30.36256:30.36039:-97.7209:-97.72472

4/2 is pretty rare for the 78757 zip code, but they won't get that. It's been on the market for at least 4 months now.
Gator2_01
AG
If you buy in the Rutland area now you'll have the best ROI over the next decade.
JB
AG
We are in the Walnut Creek neighborhood around Lamar and Braker. We are renting a 3/2 on half an acre for $1800. Made me sick when we moved here for work last year, but looks like that is a pretty fair price now

Neighborhood has big lots, with several for sale or rent right now. Nice neighborhood, but surrounding area could be better.
Gator2_01
AG
It looks like GT, JB, and I could almost stand in our own front yards and play catch.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
We totally could!
AggieStout
AG
I live in Vista Oaks and I remember seeing a few houses for rent in my neighborhood. Off of 1431 and near Sam Bass
Charpie
AG
There is a house for rent in my hood. Barrington Oaks. I have no idea how much rent is, and you'd have to live near me
GT_Aggie2015
AG
That's right across from work! I think we may just sit tight for the time being in an apartment. Has been rather difficult to find a place that will allow our two pups. We've talked to at least 20+ properties.
rather be fishing
AG
I used www.austinhomesearch.com when we were looking for rentals back before we bought. It would like you search for rentals that allowed pets.
Charpie
AG
Where the heck do you work? ARE YOU MY KID'S TEACHER?
GT_Aggie2015
AG
I'm not a teacher, but my fiance is. Not around here though so no. I actually work on the other side of 183 off Oak Knoll.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
We've been using a realtor and she has been sending me daily emails from an MLS portal with houses based on our criteria but even then landlords have pet breed/size restrictions. Even then landlords won't accept our dogs because a) they're big and b) they think husky shepherds are aggressive breeds.
Potcake
AG
I wish you could replace the tenants in duplex next door to us.
tamusc
AG
Gator2_01 said:

It looks like GT, JB, and I could almost stand in our own front yards and play catch.

Ha! My GF and I just moved into the Park at Walnut Creek as well. Renting a 3/2.5 for $1775/month for an 18 month lease.

I know the pet struggle because I have two Brittanys and she has a Whippet/lab mix. Tough finding a rental that would take dogs over 50lb, let alone three.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.