Austin
Sponsored by

HS Teacher opening

1,229 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chris2000
StaffingMgr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello all, my girlfriend is looking to move from Houston to Austin for next school year. She teaches a variety of computer classes now at a 6A school, is a cheerleading coach and also extremely involved with UIL, Key Club, Computer Club, among other things. Very well liked by her students.

Thought I'd give this board a shot in hopes of tracking down any opportunities in Austin area. Thanks in advance!
DriftwoodAg
AG
I believe there is an opening for a science teacher at Lockhart High School
Martin Cash
AG
hot_rod_9384 said:

I believe there is an opening for a science teacher at Lockhart High School
Also cheerleader sponsor.
aTm papi
Just tell her not to date the kids...
tamutaylor12
Tell her to prepare for a pay cut. Many Houston teachers are surprised to find they will make up to 10k less with similar if not more expensive cost of living.
BadMoonRisin
AG
They are building a new high school (Weiss High School) in Pflugerville (130 / 45 toll) area that is opening in the fall. I think you can go to a job fair for the entire ISD, but they will likely be looking to fill the entire school.

My wife works as an IC for a middle school in Pflugerville and loves it.

Not sure if you guys are looking to live in Austin proper or the burbs, but we love it here.
Beer Baron
AG
Westlake too.
Chris2000
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

They are building a new high school (Weiss High School) in Pflugerville (130 / 45 toll) area that is opening in the fall. I think you can go to a job fair for the entire ISD, but they will likely be looking to fill the entire school.

My wife works as an IC for a middle school in Pflugerville and loves it.

Not sure if you guys are looking to live in Austin proper or the burbs, but we love it here.

I will actually be working at Weiss next year.

StaffingMgr
BadMoon - appreciate the info!

Chris - would you mind sending me an email to kloehrer @ apexsystemsinc.com ? Have a couple questions for you. Thanks!
Chris2000
AG
I sent you an email.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.