Austin
Sponsored by

Any antique guitar folks here?

892 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Copperpot
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have posted on classifieds but thought I might as well post on Austin forum as well since it's...Austin. I want to sell an antique gibson les paul but don't know the best way to go about selling it without leaving money on the table. I know there's a market for these types of guitars but where do people go if they want to buy one? I really don't want to go to shows and show it off. Would rather do something online if possible. Thanks for the suggestions.

Copperpot
AG
Have you tried Austin Vintage Guitars?

Out of curiosity, what would you like to get for it?
zooguy96
If it's later than the 50's, it can be worth some serious coin. Depends on the model, condition, etc. Basically, how rare it is.
agcrock2005
AG
austinaggie2003 said:

About of curiosity, what would you like to get for it?
I haven't tried them. I will check them out. With regards to price, it was appraised "between 26 and 32K" three years ago so I'd like to get the higher end of that since it's basically brand new. My great-grandfather bought it in 1957 and it's pretty much brand new. He was going to learn to play but never did and it's been sitting in a closet since.
Copperpot
AG
Nice! Good luck!
who?mikejones
AG
Wowzers. I'm sure you can find some good potential buyers.
agcrock2005
AG
austinaggie2003 said:

Taking it to them on Friday for them to take a look. Thanks!
agcrock2005
AG
austinaggie2003 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BReXBkrFK-s
BTeamStarter
AG
Nice! Have some old guitars im willing to part with. Did you get the price you wanted?
agcrock2005
AG
BTeamStarter said:

Nice! Have some old guitars im willing to part with. Did you get the price you wanted?
I did. They seem like good folks, but they really wanted this guitar so I'm not sure if that's why they paid up and didn't try to negotiate. I also told them that I didn't need the money and wasn't sure if I was going to sell it, so that helped too. They also didn't have what I was selling so that helped. Check out their website. They have a pretty extensive inventory. If they don't have what you're selling then you might get what you're looking for.
Copperpot
AG
Congrats!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.