Austin
Sponsored by

W Austin Hotel

1,756 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by chet98
PlanoAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I am going to Austin on 2/18 for a buddy's birthday. His wife is sending us there for his 40th birthday. She got a hotel room a the W Austin. I told her I would book another room as there are 4 of us guys going. I looked online and their basic room with 2 queen beds in $450/night. Anyone know of a cheaper way to get a room at this hotel? TIA

http://www.whotelaustin.com/
txjortsagent
AG
Hotwire your room in downtown Austin. Any of the other 4-5 star places are a third of that and only blocks away.

The W is the hot spot right now along with the JW Marriott so their rates are stupid
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Call and ask for the [Insert Company Name] rate. They don't ask for ID with the rates. I work for a large accounting firm, one of the 4 largest. Our rate is $225 a night.
PlanoAg98
AG
Thanks!

• Deloitte
  • Ernst & Young
  • Pricewaterhousecoopers
  • KPMG
Hanrahan
AG
I just checked and lowest standard rate for that date is $314 ($360 after taxes,etc) not $450. The accenture rate is $256. They use "SET" codes to book those company rates not just the name so not sure that will get you where you need to go but i guess it is worth a try.

The W Austin is a huge ripoff these days. Its not that great and its always a fortune.
tamutaylor12
I saw an article a couple of years back saying we have some of the highest rates in the country because we had the highest occupancy rate in the US. A few more have opened since then but the rates are still high.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

I just checked and lowest standard rate for that date is $314 ($360 after taxes,etc) not $450.

Two dudes. Double queen bed rooms are more.
Aggielandma12
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Quote:

I just checked and lowest standard rate for that date is $314 ($360 after taxes,etc) not $450.

Two dudes. Double queen bed rooms are more.

They are running a Valentines day special for the rooms with heart shaped beds. $250 a night I think, $125 for each of you, not bad.
Aust Ag
AG
We did a staycation there a few months ago. Wife not impressed. Pool was the size of my living room am had about 40 people in it, all younger and half smoking cigs or vapes.
txjortsagent
AG
Pics?
Aust Ag
AG
That would have disappointed too.
chet98
AG
Freaking stupid hotel. Spent night there after wife's company party. Hotel is over priced hipster b.s. Stay somewhere else and save your $ for hookers and blow,
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.