Austin
Sponsored by

Lloyd Doggett's true colors

1,622 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by coupland boy
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have the extreme misfortune of having this dolt for my congressman. I've never agreed with him on anything, but he has generally been dignified. However, his decision to boycott the inaugural is, IMHO, despicable.

I expect it from the racist members of the Black Caucus, but Doggett joining them is beyond the pale.

Thoughts?
Bitter Old Man
AG
Doggett is a pretty big POS. Panders to the far left of Austin. They have tried to Gerrymander him out, but they never can. I'm sure he'll vote against term limits....
Federale01
AG
I personally don't get the boycott. If you don't like Trump, at least celebrate the fact that our country can survive and celebrate the peaceful transition of two polar opposite political forces. You can celebrate the system without celebrating the man.

But he has a lot of hispanics in his district. I am sure that played a part in it. More of his district is in San Antonio than in Austin, and the part of Austin he has is largely latino.
dustin999
AG
Take it for what it's worth, but I have a former co-worker who lost his dad to cancer. He was involved in some form of race or walk several years ago related to cancer to honor his dad. Lloyd Doggett spoke at the event and was highly political, which he said just made the whole event feel cheapened.
coupland boy
AG
There aren't going to be any term limits.

The only way anyone is going to vote for term limits is if they are sure it won't pass and then they can say "hey, i voted for term limits". There'll be some deal worked so that those in rock solid, can't lose, districts can vote against it and defeat it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.