Austin
Sponsored by

The weather here sucks just as much as Houston

1,644 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by O'Doyle Rules
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been here since July. I'm not sure where the myth got started that Austin has some magically better weather than Houston. At least in Houston, we knew the weather sucked. Nearly 70 degrees and raining in January.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Inb4rukiddingmepileonhouston
Potcake
AG
Furlock Bones
AG
maybe i notice it more because i walk to work. but i sure hope this past 6 months is anomaly.
AggieOO
the humidity never went away this past summer. usually it just sucks in the spring and then the humidity drops somewhat over the summer.

as for being 70 and rainy in january, its Texas.
Drip99
AG
You should probably change the title to the weather sucks in texas. If you don't like heat and humidity then you should strongly consider relocating. After 40 years of life in this state I have grown tired of the heat, humidity and constant sweating outdoors....unfortunately for me my wife enjoys it.
Potcake
AG
I'll take 70 and humidity in January 8 days a week. I would die, from exposure or suicide, if I dealt with the winters of the midwest or northeast.
Furlock Bones
AG
JesusQuintana said:

You should probably change the title to the weather sucks in texas. If you don't like heat and humidity then you should strongly consider relocating. After 40 years of life in this state I have grown tired of the heat, humidity and constant sweating outdoors....unfortunately for me my wife enjoys it.

My wife loves it too. Me, I'd move to mountains if I could.
Drip99
AG
Yep, I have been trying to do that for a few years now and was told to go for it...alone
SteveBott
AG
70 degrees in January is why I live in Texas
ski-man
AG
We were -40 this past week, but I like living here for the summers. Most of the time there is a trade-off.
Let's go ski-man!
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Yep should have never moved back to tx from CO almost ten years ago.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.