Austin
Sponsored by

What to do on-around 6th street on NYE?

1,152 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TX AG 88
TX AG 88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have hotel/dinner reservations around 6th street. Recommendations for what to do after?
txjortsagent
AG
Duck and run for cover. It's a **** show down there on Halloween and New Year's.
txjortsagent
AG
Willie is playing the Moody, and Ray Wylie Hubbard is playing Auditorium Shores though.
Potcake
AG
Depends on which part of 6th you're on. West 6th would be les F***ed.
Federale01
AG
Avoid the homeless.

One of the best NYE's I spent was in Peche. I was with a small group of close friends and we weren't looking for a wild party. Great cocktails, a friendly atmosphere, and free champagne at midnight. It was very enjoyable.
TX AG 88
AG
thanks for the suggestions, keep'em coming! (avoiding homeless and dooches is a given.)

So far, Peche sounds like a good option, and so does Auditorium Shores. I guess the fireworks at the latter start at 10, so maybe both...
DCJAG
Fireworks at 10?! Does not make any sense. The new year starts after midnight.
wargograw
I went to Dogwood on west 6th last year. $20 cover but it was about 2/3 as full as it is most weekend nights, shockingly enough. The street wasn't overly crowded either.

I think the "downtown is a ****show" narrative has gotten so popular people have avoided downtown and rendered it untrue.
TX AG 88
AG
We'll check out Dogwood and Peche. Decided against the free show because of my wife's cedar allergies...

thnks y'all
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.