Austin
Sponsored by

Cards and comics

1,160 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AgGrad99
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been going through boxes of stuff from my youth and have a decent amount of baseball/basketball cards and comic books. Does anyone know of a place to take a pile for someone to look at? Or a person who deals with stuff like this?

Trying to unload and wondering if I have anything of value. Not likely but worth a shot right?
rather be fishing
AG
I don't have a place to direct you towards, but I can tell you not waste your time going to the place on Burnet at the intersecting with Buell. I went in to ask him about my baseball card collection one time and all he does is sell new factory sets and old signed cards. Most of his business actually seems to be fantasy card stuff (Magic, pokemon).

Said he doesn't buy old cards very often unless they were 60s or older.
Potcake
AG
There is some kind of comic book place at Lamar/51st and another one near Vino Vino.
ATXAdvisor
AG
You can look up prices on several free websites, I've linked a couple. Once you have prices, put them on eBay.

ComicsPriceGuide.com
Tuffstuff.com

Ag in tu land
AG
OP - If you have any luck selling your collection in bulk locally, please let me know. I still have my childhood collection of comic books ranging from the 50's to the early 80's.
tamutaylor12
I recently found my card collection from the late 80s and early 90s. I looked it up online and it's not worth crap. Had fun looking through them though!
Potcake
AG
Alright, which one of you pervs crossed the line?
http://www.statesman.com/news/breaking-news/affidavit-man-took-skirt-photos-north-austin-comic-book-shop/XyNRL3RTZ1SPjuiJ9cdEWM/
Bitter Old Man
AG
Quote:

"He further stated he wanted all of this to 'just go away, like everyone to just move on, put it behind us and everyone move on with their life'. He also stated that this would ruin him and that he no longer had the images."
Wow, who would have thought that illegally taking pictures up some girl's skirt would have caused trouble for the guy. I bet he would like it all to go away. I'm sure every criminal caught doing something would like for it all to go away.... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...
PabloSerna
AG
There is a shop at Anderson Mill and 183. FYI, your stuff is never worth more than you think. They have to make money on it. As a collector (football/baseball cards for me) I suggest you isolate what you think are your most important cards and use a price guide to see what they are worth on the open market.

BTW, what year are your card set from? 80's wasn't a great time, unless you have a Michael Jordan '86 RC.
AgGrad99
AG
Card Traders is at McNeil and 183.

It is in a dump of a shopping center, but the people that work there are nice...and my boys LOVE going there.

Like someone else mentioned, cards aren't worth much anymore unless you have something rare, and it's signed.

If you happen to give any of it away...give me a shout. My boys loved going through all my old cards (still do)...they'll gladly tear through any cards you're giving/throwing away.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.