Austin
Sponsored by

Need a new water heater installed in Elgin, ASAP

1,041 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DriftwoodAg
sdc177
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions on who to call?
AgBass01
AG
sdc177
AG
How much do you charge? You have a torch?
redsquirrelAG
AG
AgBass01 said:

Pick one up at home depot and install it yourself. It's not really hard to do.

Kind of a dick response if you ask me.
AgBass01
AG
redsquirrelAG
AG
Good luck with that. No reason to go thru life that way. OP asked for help or recommendations. Maybe something limits their ability to get this job done, who the **** are you to judge them for that? Grow up. Be an Aggie.
AgBass01
AG
sdc177 said:

I don't have a torch and my response was merely suggesting that you can do it yourself and save some money, especially being that your post was on a weekend and would likely get charged more to call out a plumber. I have swapped 2 of them out before and they were both just a matter of shutting off the water, unhooking the water hoses going in and out, taking the old one out and putting the new one in and hooking it back up. It did not require a torch. If yours does and you're unable to do it then I am sorry if my response was rude.
AgBass01
AG
sdc177
AG
AgBass01 said:

sdc177 said:

I don't have a torch and my response was merely suggesting that you can do it yourself and save some money, especially being that your post was on a weekend and would likely get charged more to call out a plumber. I have swapped 2 of them out before and they were both just a matter of shutting off the water, unhooking the water hoses going in and out, taking the old one out and putting the new one in and hooking it back up. It did not require a torch. If yours does and you're unable to do it then I am sorry if my response was rude.

I wasn't serious about you doing it and your what you said wasn't necessarily rude. It was a simple minded "git 'er done" response given you know nothing about the situation. Factors such as I am the landlord to this rental property & I don't live near nor have the time during the holidays or want to attempt using a torch to replace a valve are involved here.

I found someone to do it yesterday and I was happy with them as were my tenants. So if anyone needs a plumber in that area I can share their contact info.
AgBass01
AG
Good deal.
DriftwoodAg
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

AgBass01 said:

Pick one up at home depot and install it yourself. It's not really hard to do.

Kind of a dick response if you ask me.
sounds like somebody is overly sensitive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.